TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to modify my old 95 Tbird and would like to start with some subframe connectors. What experiences have you guys had with them and what brands do you reccomend?

·
Registered
515 Posts
JL(member on th board) makes his own and people rave about him. I would wait to see if he is making them/ or hear his opinion

Will

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
As far as I know Johnny Langton is the closest thing to a company to get them from. He makes them off and on when he has the time to do it I think. If you want something else, you'll have to find a chassis shop that will custom fab some I think.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
I'll be making a couple of sets up in the next 2-3 weeks-my latest batch of material is on the way(damned steel is expensive right now,and hard to get ahold of).
JL

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a few questions about these things. This is my first time modding my car so I wanna do plenty of reasearch and get it right.

1. How much do they cost with shipping?
2. The car looks pretty flat underneath, how much ground clearance will I lose?
3. Are they weld-in or bolt-in units?

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
V8Tsunami said:
I've got a few questions about these things. This is my first time modding my car so I wanna do plenty of reasearch and get it right.

1. How much do they cost with shipping?
2. The car looks pretty flat underneath, how much ground clearance will I lose?
3. Are they weld-in or bolt-in units?
#1-$275 plus whatever shipping is to you(typically $17-22)
#2-Dependant on your exhaust setup-you'll lose from 1.25-2" of ground clearance.
#3-Both weld in and bolt in.
You'll have to weld 2 small mounting tabs onto the rear of the front framerail for mounting,and the remainder of the kit bolts into existing holes.Afterinstall-if you ant-you can weld the kit together for the ultimate in stiffness,but it'll make removal for servicing the chassis a PITA.
JL

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Johnny,

Please let me know when you have the pieces ready. I'm very interested in a set. I just had my floor pan replaced and I want to make sure that things are stiff enough.

Josh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts