TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the best way to find the convertor stall speed?

Just power brake it until the wheels start to spin?

im told i have a 3800 stall, but it doesnt flash that high, maybe more like 2,000 to 2,500.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this the all the info i have on my tranny. car also has 4.30 gears.

The tranny was out of an '01 GT with about 10k miles on it when I installed it, with the odometer in the Bird being at 184, 435. It has a 300hp level Jmod, with the lower 1-2 spring removed (I think for that). It also has a Lightning pressure solenoid in it which is supposed to increase line pressure. This was all done by spec to Jerry's article's on TCCoA back in the day. Sorry, my memory's a little fuzzy since that was 2005 I think. The torque converter is a 9.5" PI Stallion single disk unit that I picked up from JL on the boards a few years back. I had him ship it to Circle D to rebuild/restall the converter. The rebuilt it, and replaced some things inside it, again, I forget what they did. It was restalled to 3800 at that time.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only way to find true stall is with a trans brake. That sounds a bit low but the gearing will do that.
Alan
is there a way to find around about what the stall speed is? im im sure after a new tune, im goin to want a higher stall.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
What works well for me is to put the emergency brake on hard, hold the foot pedal and floor it. That's the only way I can keep the tires from spinning.

Of course, if you're making a lot of power and/or tall gears, it's gonna spin anyways.

Of course, a trans brake is the right way as DD said (I've tried the 2nd gear thing and it will spin anyways without the e-brake)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.