TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was up under my car yesterday doing some things. Noticed !! Trans Cooler installed plus not sure if this is factory or not but also a power steering cooler. At the hogshead at the rear there sure is a hole lott of braceing for the thing !! And also a 5 Cd changer in the tray in the boot were the AMP is that says "Ford" on it was just wondering if this came with the car with the Premium Sound System.

And also This is whats on a sticker under the hood

WARNING VEHICLE EQUIPPED WITH A VALET START SYSTEM ????

Just what is that ? Nothing in the owners manual about this

·
Registered
674 Posts
That sticker means that someone at some point put a remote start system on the car. As far as the audio stuff goes, i cant really tell ya, lol. I just know about the sticker b/c they put one on my old car when i had the remote start installed. :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thank you cat :) Just have no idea how to start it remotey :)
The system has probably been removed before you got the car. A lot of places that install them offer a service to transfer the system to another car before you get rid of it. :) I'm getting a remote start system as soon as i get my new car ;)

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks sir .......... What about the Power streering cooler. I have never even heard of one of them LOL

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
ALL v8 and sc cars have the power steering cooler

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts
Yea, the PS cooler is stock, the Trans cooler on the other hand is aftermarket. Why Ford never put these on the cars knowing how hot the Transmissions run is beyond me. Just be glad someone else put one on the car for you. They did you a big favor saving wear and tear on the trans even before you bought it.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, the PS cooler is stock, the Trans cooler on the other hand is aftermarket. Why Ford never put these on the cars knowing how hot the Transmissions run is beyond me. Just be glad someone else put one on the car for you. They did you a big favor saving wear and tear on the trans even before you bought it.
Thanks truck... Hope everything is fine down in Carolina:)

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts
YW. Cloudy, but nice here today. I'm heading further south tomorrow down to Georgia just north of Tallahassee, Fla.

·
Super Moderator
7,516 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Considering Ford never put a $4 piece of material in the trunk of Pintos that may have prevented problems with fuel tank rupture in rear end collisions, I'm not that surprised.

Fortunately their "engineering oversight" regarding the Xmission coolers is less disastrous.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Not all of the V8s had them. My 91 didn't.
must of been an oddball , everyone i ever seen has including the 91 5.0 car i had
although i have seen them bypassed becasue of laziess to replace hoses

·
Registered
674 Posts
Pumping or compressing any kind of fluid creates heat, and heat speeds wear, so imo anything w/ fluid should have a cooler. I'm gonna be putting an oil cooler/temp guage on my new car when i get it. The water and trans are the two most important, IMHO. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts