TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like the DRTYBRD may be alive again...shooting for Tuesday sometime to hear the engine come back to life.

It will be a little while longer before it is ready to drive every day...but I have been waiting a long time to get back behind the wheel of this best...I cannot wait to hear that supercharger wind up through all six gears again.

I will update again this week...

But here is a pic of my Edge from today.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I just bought a Mazda CX-9, which is the sister car to your Edge. We love it so far, but how could you not love a brand new car! :)

Love the rims!

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Nice! The Edge Sport is the only way to go.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
So...is it alive?

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So...is it alive?
ALMOST!!!

I am really hoping to hear the engine fire up very soon...finally tracked down an electrical gremlin this week.

The dash SHOULD be going back in this week...I am in Portland, OR for a race this weekend.

I will definitely post when it's back among the living...

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That Edge is bada$$. Can't wait to see the engine picts! What race are you at?
I am doing the "Hood to Coast" run...I'm on a team of 12 injured vets running 199 miles from the top of Mt Hood to the Pacific Ocean in 24 hours...

It should be a cool run...we each do three legs.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
That's great to hear. I'll finally get the other black supercharged bird that was in your driveway for a bit back on the track this weekend. Not to worried about what it runs since it's August and the track isn't the best, but it will get me ready for the cool weather when I go see what her best times will be. :)

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK...The DRTYBRD is alive again. It's running again...now to put the interior back together and repaint. That should go quickly...I will be in Stowe, VT this week, then up in Lake Placid, NY next...will get some pics and video when I get back.

I am excited to drive my Bird again soon.

·
Administrator
8,008 Posts
Thanks for the updates! :)

Welcome to the East Coast, it's going to be a little cooler this week than it has been and a lot cooler than Arizona! :D

Joe

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I heard it running yesterday...sounds great! Now I'm looking forward to getting home and seeing it in person...

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
It's a great feeling to hear one of these things come back to life after being dormant for so long. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,177 Posts
Awesome! How is the paint/interior reassembly coming along?

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Post a pic or 4 of the bird. I know Ive seen far away shots youve posted. Good to hear it will fly again. I bet this will be one hot bird once done. Like a phoenix from the ashes.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok...I turned the key and started it today...I love that sound! The dash was just put back in last week while I was gone and the interior is still gutted.

But it is running again! I have high hopes she will be back at home in the near future. We are going to strip it down to the metal and repaint it, hopefully next week. The interior is gutted, but all the pieces are ready to go and that should be a quick reassembly.

I shot a short video, and will try to get it on here soon.

Of course I am traveling most of the rest of the month...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice grats man! Must get pictures though!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts