TCCoA Forums banner

Finished Pics! Check em out!

4K views 38 replies 30 participants last post by  Livn 
#1 ·
Well, I went out and got some good pics tonight. Let me know what you think.

See less See more
#11 ·
You NEED something on our cars to break up the sides, notice how our cars are perfectly smooth on the sides, the 94/95 side molding stripes would perfect that look would go in with the bumper more, also how about some different wheels, those are pretty ghey, nice work though on the drop, that made the best of it right there.

[edit]

Lose the mudflaps.

#16 ·
Nicely done!!!

Smooth is the word. :xpcool:

#17 ·
I need a towel so my drool don't go all over... That car is defnitely apart from all the other 96 and 97s...so smooth...I think the drop is fine, just different wheels and ex-nay on the mudflaps...

I wish I could make my car that smoth...ditto with Bmac...how much was the fainting finishing price? Looks sooooooooooo good though!

Wes

#18 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys. I'm not gonna tell you how much the total is til it's done. There is still a LOT more work to be done.

I took pics of the rear but they're pretty blurry. I'm going to take more later today.

As for the mudflaps. I'm going to do something with them, but I'm not sure I'm going to get rid of them completely. They do SOOO much to keep the car clean. Especially with these huge tires.

I'm still undecided on the wheels too. I like them then I don't like them. I can't decide what would look better either. I really like the silver Modas, but I also like the Mille Miglia MM11-2. Then there's the 02 Cobra wheels. Decisions decisions.

#19 ·
18's would look awesome...i'm thinking chrome 18 saleen's

#20 ·
Sir William said:
Thanks for all the compliments guys. I'm not gonna tell you how much the total is til it's done. There is still a LOT more work to be done.

I took pics of the rear but they're pretty blurry. I'm going to take more later today.

As for the mudflaps. I'm going to do something with them, but I'm not sure I'm going to get rid of them completely. They do SOOO much to keep the car clean. Especially with these huge tires.

I'm still undecided on the wheels too. I like them then I don't like them. I can't decide what would look better either. I really like the silver Modas, but I also like the Mille Miglia MM11-2. Then there's the 02 Cobra wheels. Decisions decisions.
I say put 94/95 side stripes/molding on, lose mudflaps (you said it's rarely driven anyways), get some 18" MM11-2's (used to have some they were pretty nice).

#22 ·
Put a strip of mirrored metal along the bottom of the fenders, rocker panel, and doors, coming up about 6 to 8 inches. Protects the body too. Bye bye mud flaps.
:thumbsd:

PLEEEEASE tell me you're kidding. Covering up that paintjob would be a crime.

I'm sure there's an 80's Monte Carlo around here somewhere that would look better with the mirrored trim.

Sir William - car looks sa-weeet. But everyone is right - it needs something on those doors. They look like huge flat slabs of sheetmetal. I think the 94/95 moulding would work perfect at the same height as the seam of the bumper cover edge.

Can't wait to see more pics!

#23 ·
And that is why they call you SIR,

Clean, very clean , nicest ride I have seen love the hood, the lights, paint everything. even the flaps( thats the farmer in me)
The new lines on the car remind me of a Mark 8 , the nice round sexy curves
So is MM&FF going to do an article on your car or any other mag?

Oh heck the site should start a magazine , you could have your car as the first pull out poster:headbang:

#24 · (Edited)
#25 ·
Would I kid about this?
But at least that can't be seen while driving around. :D

Your car reminds me of my first car - I had an '89 base model in the same color with the same rims. It was almost like an LX because it had like every option except moonroof and leather. I had the dual power seats, auto dimming mirror, cornering lamps, & alloys (like yours).

That 3.8 only lasted until 99,750 miles however.....

#26 ·
You know I like it

Sir william your car looks great and I don't want to make this to much of an issue but the trim is needed. I can post pictures of my base model with the SC body on it will no trim and it looked okay but I had the same apperance. Didn't care for the trim at first but now I think it looks great.

Mud Flaps...Keep them. Would be a shame to ruin a nice paint job just because you want it to look sleeker. Looks to damn sleek now!

Out of everything I would say the rims are the first thing to go. They looked good on the stock body but now your car is craving a little more "Bling Bling" so to speak.

Also hows the Gas Door workin out for you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.