TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting ready for the inevitable powertrain swap. I figured not having to do all this to match up to the mid length headers in the middle of everything else, would save me one headache of the many which I'm sure I'm going to have when the day comes.

Install accessories

basic layout: 1-3/4 into 3" coated Kooks into stainless pipe through metallic spun cats on to a Y pipe for the cutout on each side into a single 3" pipe back the existing rear section consisting of 3" stainless, into 3" IN, dual 2.5 OUT 80 series crossflow Flowmater.

close up

with headers

Stay tuned for more as this project gets rolling in the next few weeks. This will be done in time for Carlisle.

Jim

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Wow! Where did you get those Y pipes?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
these started life as 45 degree ells. My machine shop cut them and welded them up for me. Mandrel bends, I'm a sucker for mandrel bends! :D

·
Super Moderator
12,072 Posts
Beautiful!

I'm sure you have an equally as impressive engine that you're mounting all of that to.

Now that you've teased us with the exhaust, let's see the rest of your little project!

·
Super Moderator
17,039 Posts
Beautiful!

I'm sure you have an equally as impressive engine that you're mounting all of that to.

Now that you've teased us with the exhaust, let's see the rest of your little project!
Stock oil burning F4 head 2V I bet:D j/k

Very cool setup, I'd be scared to drive anywhere with an exhaust that pretty.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, one thing is for sure... my F4 head 4.6 is no longer oil burning. I just swapped out the valve seals last week. :D
Anyway, as I said in the first post this is to get the car ready for the powertrain swap. I should have used the word future in the first post.
I try to go by the "twice the time and twice the budget" rule. So bottom line, there is no bling bling under the hood yet. And there certainly isn't a project behind this one at the moment.
The car will be at Carlisle for anyone interested in checking it out in person though.

·
Super Moderator
12,072 Posts
Awesome! I'll see ya at Carlisle. You can see my car too.

But, alas, my swap won't be done until after Carlisle. But, if you come to the JBMN Summer Blast in August I should have the swap done by then.

·
Registered
129 Posts
you should let us know what the grand total is when you get it done...that is if you dont mind. cuz i think those kooks headers are like 700 bucks from scp..

·
Super Moderator
12,072 Posts
you should let us know what the grand total is when you get it done...that is if you dont mind. cuz i think those kooks headers are like 700 bucks from scp..
The coated Kooks in the 1-3/4 into 3" size are like $850 from SCP!

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I like it. Single exhaust isnt for me. But otherwise I really like it.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Coated Kooks shipped were $926. Cutouts w/control box, gaskets, fasteners, flanges, o2 extenders, bungs, and cats were $820 Stainless elbows are about 40 bucks a pop on average. The cutting and welding for the three Y pipes ran $140 Additional pipe is around 5 to 10 bucks per foot.
I realize that for this money most people would just buy a single go fast part and be done with it, but this needs to be done now so that I can move on to bigger, better things in the not so distant future. :D

·
Super Moderator
12,072 Posts
Wow! :eek: Just Wow! That's got to be one of the most amazing exhaust systems I've seen on here.

Will you have this on the car by the time Carlisle rolls around in three weeks?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's the plan. Hence the late nights under the car after work. :)

But, if you come to the JBMN Summer Blast in August
Haven't missed a single JBMN yet. That's another excuse to get more stuff done to the car.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts