TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finnaly got the bird back to the track, New front suspension, new convertor, rebuilt rearend, rebuilt tranny,got rid of the cracked pos JBa's went back to stock manifold.
The car appears to be 60 footing alot better. Did not appear loose any hp from going to the manifolds. Went out to our local 1/8 mile. Running 8.0's full weight . We were Bracket racing. It is amazing how smooth and quiet the ride is. Turned over 100k the other day. Had people stopping by all day complimenting the Bird.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Running my smoothed out stock manifold on the passenger side now and yesterday I too got back to the track. No impact that I could see.
I did have some "in-tube" mufflers after the xpipe. Probably restricted flow to about 70-80% of open tube, ran .4 slower consistently until I removed them.
It would fall flat at around 5500 rpm, and shift points are near 5900

r

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
blake you should try and get pics of the car as she sits now...and richard whats your car specs ive never relaly heard alot about yours....are you still runing the npi intake setup?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been around for a long time modding the tbird, First one on the board in the old days in the 14's 13's 12's and 11's. First to put on svo heads on a 95, First one to use a PI convertor first to put a Vortech s trim on. The technology has come along way since 97 when I bought the car. I run the SVO intake now. The car runs mid to low 12's and is my daily driver.I got out of the record breaking stuff about a year ago. Been into the bracket scene and really enjoy it.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Blake, DanU doesn't post here anymore! He is texas-tbird over at modulardepot though. He got upset with this site, so I doubt you will catch him here again!

Joey, lots is known about Richard's car! Click on the link below tells you all of the mods done to the car. Richard has taken the SC and one of the JBA's off though!

http://www.tccoa.com/rides/skwjas.shtml

·
Registered
803 Posts
To be honest, I am not sure why Jason's ride's page is still active.
The car is definitely different now.

A more accurate list of things on the car.

And today, I pulled 5 degrees of timing out from yesterday.
It gained a full .1 seconds and a full 1 mph over that setup. The lower compression,8.9:1 does not like too much timing.

Best pass of the day 15.098 at 91.53mph

rm

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Blake-vortech said:
Finnaly got the bird back to the track, New front suspension, new convertor, rebuilt rearend, rebuilt tranny,got rid of the cracked pos JBa's went back to stock manifold.
The car appears to be 60 footing alot better. Did not appear loose any hp from going to the manifolds. Went out to our local 1/8 mile. Running 8.0's full weight . We were Bracket racing. It is amazing how smooth and quiet the ride is. Turned over 100k the other day. Had people stopping by all day complimenting the Bird.

95Tbird
Vortech
svo intake & heads
Hyland Cam
JE pistons
cobra crank
Eagle rods

[email protected] oldmotor
[email protected] new motor 1.9 60ft
395hp&370 trq

Your running near 400 HP on a P/A'd 4.6L (I'm guessing the Vortech is a Supercharger)!?!!?

That's some INCREDIBLE numbers... I don't see some of the fastest street cars at our track run 8's in the 1/8 mile. Exactly how much $$$ have you put into your bird (parts and labor?)?

Either way.. Keep representing!

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
I went to the track today but my times have not improved can't figure out why.i just did all those suspension modes that are in my signature. my 60ft's dropped from 2.3 and 2.4's to low 2.2's .We did have a 15 to 20mph head wind today second run i did i had to slow down because the wind was pushing me out of the groove.I know my stock hood isn't the best for smooth airflow over the car but still i thought i should have hit 15.3 today cause im also running alittle more power sence last season also.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
That's some INCREDIBLE numbers... I don't see some of the fastest street cars at our track run 8's in the 1/8 mile.

I think he has real good numbers, but are you really serious that the fastest street cars at your track don't run any faster than 8's? The fast STREET cars at my 1/8 mile track run low 6's. There are quite a few that run around in my town. They are daily driven also. Just wanting to clarify that statement.

Russell

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
96bird said:

I think he has real good numbers, but are you really serious that the fastest street cars at your track don't run any faster than 8's? The fast STREET cars at my 1/8 mile track run low 6's. There are quite a few that run around in my town. They are daily driven also. Just wanting to clarify that statement.

Russell

A lot of them don't. Some Street cars pull some great numbers, I saw a red Eclipse pull a 7.3, but I think he had it heavily modified. I've seen some Trans Ams / Vettes able to pull better numbers. Not many Vettes decide to actually race around here (most are owned by older aged people). It's even MORE RARE to see T-Birds run. I've seen ONE Street T-Bird run (it was a 3.8L V6) the entire time I started going to the track and it pulled a mid 10 on the 1/8 mile I believe, but that was a LONG time ago.

I see many cars that are in the 9's, 10's or even higher. Some people are really serious about the car modding and stuff.. Other's aren't.

I see tons of Mustangs run on the track; however, when put against a Camaro it loses nearly every time.

It's been a good 6 months since I've been to the track, but I'm pretty positive that's the numbers I saw the most.

Some cars are great exceptions, but I'm afraid that's the main jist of the street cars around here. I hope to become an exception one day. Imports around here are getting more and more, but the main cars that do the running here are: Novas, Chevelles, Stangs, T/As, Cobras, and Camaros. Other than those cars, no one is really able to pull great numbers... Just doesn't happen around here. Hopefully next season the track will be more.. Lively.

Other than those cars, no one really can pull impressive numbers.. Some imports can, but I never really focus on those. Makes me more proud to be a Bird owner, because our car is a lot more rare on the track than MANY others. I'd love to see the face of some guy when a Bird just spanks them (won't be anytime soon unless I get a huge cash flow!)

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Metalbassist03 said:

A lot of them don't. Some Street cars pull some great numbers, I saw a red Eclipse pull a 7.3, but I think he had it heavily modified. I've seen some Trans Ams / Vettes able to pull better numbers. Not many Vettes decide to actually race around here (most are owned by older aged people). It's even MORE RARE to see T-Birds run. I've seen ONE Street T-Bird run (it was a 3.8L V6) the entire time I started going to the track and it pulled a mid 10 on the 1/8 mile I believe, but that was a LONG time ago.

I see many cars that are in the 9's, 10's or even higher. Some people are really serious about the car modding and stuff.. Other's aren't.

I see tons of Mustangs run on the track; however, when put against a Camaro it loses nearly every time.

It's been a good 6 months since I've been to the track, but I'm pretty positive that's the numbers I saw the most.

Some cars are great exceptions, but I'm afraid that's the main jist of the street cars around here. I hope to become an exception one day. Imports around here are getting more and more, but the main cars that do the running here are: Novas, Chevelles, Stangs, T/As, Cobras, and Camaros. Other than those cars, no one is really able to pull great numbers... Just doesn't happen around here. Hopefully next season the track will be more.. Lively.

Other than those cars, no one really can pull impressive numbers.. Some imports can, but I never really focus on those. Makes me more proud to be a Bird owner, because our car is a lot more rare on the track than MANY others. I'd love to see the face of some guy when a Bird just spanks them (won't be anytime soon unless I get a huge cash flow!)
Alright I see what your saying. I have seen a tbird run low 6's at the 1/8 mile track. The only thing was that it was a Yates headed, F-1 blown 392W. Not an MN12 either. I have seen a few tbirds run in the low 9's and none of them had even heard of any tbird message boards. I have seen a cougar that never ran at the track that was a sleeper with a pi engine w/ 125 shot TNT kit. Anyway I agree that fast MN12s are much more fun to see because they are so uncommon. Hence the reason that I have a tbird instead of a camaro or mustang.

Russell

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
The fastest 1/8 mile time I've ever seen was around 2.42 seconds. This was done by a guy who actually had a full size drag racer car. He was going around 142+

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Metalbassist03 said:
The fastest 1/8 mile time I've ever seen was around 2.42 seconds. This was done by a guy who actually had a full size drag racer car. He was going around 142+
:bs: I don't think someone with a full size drag car ran that fast. The fastest I have seen at the track was an alcohol powered hemi that was blown (railcar) and it just ran low 4's. They said that it had ran mid-7's with less gear.

Russell

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I may be incorrect.. It was A LONG time ago (8 months to a year).

It was probably 3.42 or something like that... What I DO know.. It wasn't mid 3's or 4's for a fact.. and I do know he was over 120 MPH

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Blake-vortech said:
Did you just get new suspension components (but stock ones) or did you put different springs/shocks on? Also what convertor did you go with?

Russell

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Blake-vortech said:
Went with the moog upper control arms, Tockico shocks and struts. The convertor was rebuilt, PI 2800 Stall.
Did you have the click/crunch sound when it was cold outside from the stock upper control arms (assuming of course that it actually gets cold in your part of TX :) )? Sorry about arguing and junk on your thread. :zbash:

Russell

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Blake-vortech said:
What heppened to DanU haven't seen around in awhile

bc
Dan doesn't come here, for the obvious reasons. Couple weeks ago at Ennis he went [email protected]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts