TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the (white or grey) vacuum tree that's mounted on the firewall. One of the nipples has broken off, i have gone to the junkyard and pulled another one. When i removed the one from the junkyard i had to cut the large hard plastic "supply?" line and remove it from the tree when i got home. My question is, how in the heck do i remove this line (easily) from the tree. Then how do i reconnect the line to the tree once i have it removed? I tried slipping the scrap piece of plastic line back on to the nipple, but it's really a tight fit. Should i just remove the whole plastic line, and replace with similar sized rubber line?

Just for clairification, i'm talking about the larger hard plastic line, that slips on to the lowest nipple on the vacuum tree and runs under the cowl, to another tree by the brake booster.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you're saying to just remove both of the vacuum trees, somehow remove the hard plastic line, and replace it with rubber line?

Also, how should i splice the smaller red plastic line together. It's broken in half, and i can't really see where it goes to behind the motor, Do you have to remove the plenum to access it? Or can you gain access to it from underneath the car?

·
5,650 Posts
Well, you could do it that way. What I was saying is if you wanted to keep the hard line setup, go to the junkyard and remove both vacuum trees with the hard plastic line in place. Don't try to remove it or you'll just break it.

The red line goes to the EGR vacuum solenoid. To splice it, just get a piece of vacuum line from the store that matches the ID of the plastic line, and slide it over both of the broken pieces to join them together.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, i've already pulled two vacuum trees from the junkyard, and they no longer have the hard plastic line connected, Should i just go ahead and use a rubber line instead of the hard plastic line? Or would it really be worth it to keep the hard line setup?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts