TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well my car was still running between sometimes ok then erratic back and forth. Then today a block from work clackidy clackidy clackidy pulled the valve cover on my lunch break in freezing cold 30 degree weather to find this

145k on the springs and they saw 50k on the stage 2 cams the duration finally got the best of the spring, this was cyl3 intake valve. Well i walked the edge with the stage II cams on stock F4 heads long enough.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
that sucks, but its a blessing in disguise because now you'll have to get better springs

im gettin a set of springs that Nick McKinney is gonna sell me.....he gets them from the same place Crower gets theirs (identical units infact).....get with him if you want a deal on springs...he's also got some better-than-OEM valve seals as well....might as well replace those as well since you're gonna be in there anyways

·
Registered
974 Posts
Damn. That's lame. Atleast you knew you were on borrowed time... Like Guitarmaestro said now you can upgrade!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
only sucked because im in a crunch now trying to get my DD up and running. For now im going to snatch a used spring out of the yards and do an emergency repair in my works parking lot to get the car home. But its now time for ditching the F4 heads for the F5 with crower springs and more goodies.

?????Where can you find the valve spring compressor (the one using the cam as a fulcrum)
do the average part stores carry this tool?????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts