TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First dyno numbers....Opinions wanted-----PLEASE analize

These numbers were done before the PI intake and cams install as well as PnP...The outside temp was 98.3 with 87% humidity. First run was NA and second was on the bottle.

Mods in sig

What do you all think....any suggestions

BTW: Whats up with that A/F you like? <---- SARCASM, anybody know what it could be from

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also what is a recommended air fuel ratio

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Your AF ratio, seems a tad high....I get nervous at 12.0 : 1 plus a couple tenths. I have been told optimum wot for my blown motor is 11.5:1 plus or minus a couple tenths... i'm sure some one will correct me... 14:1 on closed loop or a bit higher is common, but not on wot dyno runs....with nitrous, I would be verry nervous if that was over 12 while spraying, but hey, some people will regard it as job security, if they are building custom engines

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats what ive been told as well....im gonna ail for something around low 12's on AF.....i need to get it tuned and hopefully that will take care of it

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
that second run the TC unlocked... get a real dyno tune with the TC locked and the tranny commanded to stay in 3rd gear. feathering in the throttle in 3rd gear wont get an accurate reading either.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
silver95bird
umm...not sure about the TC locking but that second run was on the bottle thats why theres a jump.....Im new to dyno analizing so could you explain to me why you think each of those points is true so i can learn how to read the chart Thanks

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
My bad, I saw the giant torque spike and thought something was wrong... however it's still important to amke sure the run was TC locked/3rd gear, because otherwise all the numbers will be all out in left field. Can you verify this was done?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i cant....it was at the NMRA meet this year in bradneton so i was a mobile dyno from diablo sport....i doubt they did.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill be posting new numbers soon with the new mods and sct tune

1 - 9 of 9 Posts