TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 1996 ThunderBird 4.6, 94,000 miles black with cloth Interior.
I have two newer rides, Was looking for an old beater and found it.
Paid $3200 out the door with a blinking Airbag light. ( Code 51 ) When I test drove it I found a receipt for a transmission rebuild that was done 3 months ago. for $2000.00, that helped me decide to buy it.
I took dash apart and put black tape over airbag light. I read that if airbag bulb is taken out or if it blows a buzzer will go off. If it starts buzzing i will unhook it.
Don't have any plans to mod it but like all other cars I have, I can't leave anything stock. I have HpTuners for my GM, ( http://www.hptuners.com/ ) but haven't seen tuning software like it for Fords.

John

·
5,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

900Z1 said:
I took dash apart and put black tape over airbag light.
lol that's a good way to make sure the light doesn't bother you. Do you have any plans to fix the airbag problem? That code means the thermal fuse in the diagnostics module has blown because of a short. If you want to fix it you'd need a new air bag module and you'd need to find/fix the short that caused it to blow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red96Bird said:
WELCOME! search is your friend...

where about in ohio are you?

Near Zanesville, I've been out of the Ford Cars for awhile, last new ford was a 2000 Contour SVT, usually GM's but I love them all. The more I drive the Bird the more I like it. I noticed it has Airplane gears, has to be in the 2.?? ratio.
47 years old and have owned way too many cars and trucks. probably over 70.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.