TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you might know my car got jacked two months ago. It was recovered by the police few days later in so-so shape. Then Jerry's Ford managed to butcher it for almost two months till I finally got it back few days ago. You can see my post in general forum where I was pretty f'n pi$$ed off about the quality of Jerry's Ford's work.

Anyway took it to Circuit City today and ended up burning almost $500 bucks on a security system. I said to hell with it. I like my car. Got me one of those Phyton's. 871 I think. Supports remote start, alarm, pops the trunk, start disable, 1/4 mile range, and the remote lets me know if someone's breaking into the car. Stupid thing is that the remote only beeps 5 secs and that's it. That's so far the only thing that I do not like.

First night. I am just waiting to hear it when a strong wind blows in the middle of the night. It's one of those annoying alarms. You know the ones with the lovely pattern. They put an LED by my steering wheel that flashes every few seconds when armed.

Hopefully this thing prevents any future car jackings. ::crosses fingers::

Cheers! :headbang:

JX

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
I remember your story when you posted it. I hope your alarm is the key to you keeping your bird from being messed with. People just don't have any respect for other peoples property. Good Luck.

C.Hill

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i got an alarm for that reason...but ended up unhooking the siren and rely on it more for a convenient keyless entry and discount on ignition kill alarm on insurance....

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Question about alarms. Do you have to carry both the Ford and aftermarket alarm remote? or can you just carry the aftermarket one? Reason i ask, I was test driving an Expedition with an aftermarket alarm on it the other day and the dealer couldn't get the aftermarket remote to unlock the doors, he had to use the Ford remote. It got me wondering.

C.Hill

·
Registered
940 Posts
Question about alarms. Do you have to carry both the Ford and aftermarket alarm remote? or can you just carry the aftermarket one? Reason i ask, I was test driving an Expedition with an aftermarket alarm on it the other day and the dealer couldn't get the aftermarket remote to unlock the doors, he had to use the Ford remote. It got me wondering.

C.Hill
No, you can wire it up so it unlocks the doors as well as other functions (trunk, headlights, defroster etc.).

I thought the solution was a shutgun :D . I also had a long range remote starter on my blazer (1/2 mile), those things are awesome. They have a lot better range than the factory keyfobs. Btw, better to be annoying than have your car stolen again.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The old remote still works, however if the alarm is armed the car will go nuts if you try to open it. It works stock if the alarm is off. I still need to experiment a little more. The new alarm basically replaces everything the old one has. Doors lock / unlock no problem. Hell, they better for the price I paid. Hehe.

I'm just waiting to see if anything goes wrong... If it does, expect an another anger tantrum on the forums. ;)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I have the Viper 791, and it has saved me a couple times....Since I don't have tint (not for loooonnggg;) ), people can see my $400+ head unit, and if anyone knows me...I have a retail valued $600 amp, custom box, and some pretty heavy duty subs.... People have tried breaking in quite a few times...the alarm always scares them off.
When it was installed, there was two or three xtra wires going into the alarm, I rewired it with a simple power/ground/signal wire, and it was like twice as loud.
Somehow they wired it to not be as loud...you could check yours.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I thought about purchasing a 791XV from the local stereo store, but they've since gone out of business and I don't trust any of the other shops in the area to do it (there is one other I may go to later on, outside of them there's only a Circuit City and I won't trust my car to those guys).

Who needs an alarm when you can hire some TCCoA gun guys...
:uppoint:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts