TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First snow of the season here in eastern WV. 43 degrees and sunny...and snow. Melting when it hits but still snow non-the-less. Anybody else got any of the dreaded white stuff yet?

·
8,239 Posts
we had 70mph winds here today and its dumping snow outside now.

Good thing I bought the new gortex gear and am bundled up. Geez, i gotta move south.

JH

·
Registered
505 Posts
81* - Blue skys - puffy white clouds - nice breeze - not too humid
Florida's version of fall:)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Very high winds here in pa snow covered the ground I glad the cougar is in for the winter.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yesterday was really funny. At about 10:00 a.m. it was like blizzard conditions out. Then later in the day it was sunny and warm(well Minnesota version of warm in mid-Nov.). Mid-west weather is strange sometimes.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
JeffTBird93 said:
First snow of the season here....
Welcome to last month. :leftright

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
It's a 'chamber of commerce' kinda day as Aaron K. put it.

The down side of the snow up north is the 'snow birds' can't
be far behind in their annual jaunt to sunny so.fla.

Florida - land of the newlywed and nearly dead, at least during the winter!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yea i thought i was gonna freeze to death walking to my car at school today lol...youd think after living here for my whole life id be used to the cold white crap by now :/ Lol..

Greg

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
well... i live in michigan, and where else but michigan can it be 60 degrees and sunny outside, and two hours later, be 30 degrees, cloudy, 70 mph winds, and freezing rain turning into snow..... (that was yesterday, wednesday) -greg

·
Registered
686 Posts
glowing escape said:
well... i live in michigan, and where else but michigan can it be 60 degrees and sunny outside, and two hours later, be 30 degrees, cloudy, 70 mph winds, and freezing rain turning into snow..... (that was yesterday, wednesday) -greg
Yea that happened here in good old ohio too :/

Greg

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
Today during my autoshop class...it started to flurry around here... nothing stuck around thank god...i hate michigan..

snow comes...bird only gonna be driven 1/2 the time

thank god for beaters

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
really? i lived in the detroit area for most of my life, just recently moved across the state to allendale (halfway between lake michigan and grand rapids)... and my tbird performed quite well in the snow. i trusted it more than my parents fwd minivans. it was more predictable... i dunno, but i find the predictability of fwd much less than rwd. my neon, i may not be used to it yet, but it does wierd things. all the fwd drive cars ive driven do wierd things, especially in the snow and rain... partly cause of torque steer.. you dont need a lot of torque for that at all.. my neon has it, and thats got like half the torque of a 3.8. i dunno, maybe im just odd... -greg

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
id rather just accidenatally wreck a beater than my car... i love my bird!

the beater ill be drivn was given to us by my great grandma... 91 chrysler new yorker... we got it for free...just needed a new trans.

i dont like chrysler cars...that one has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

oh well

at least i wont wreck mine

·
Registered
65 Posts
This cold crap is for the birds!!...no pun intended. The weatherman said it's suposed to get up in the 40's next week!! Yay!! No snow in Green Bay yet though...My Coug' is awesome in the snow!!....i just have to wash it constantly....but that's o.k....i do that anyway.:) I have family down in Orlando that i'm thinkin' about visiting soon...i gotta get out of here!! You'd think for living here for 25 years i'd get used to it....

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Red96Bird said:
id rather just accidenatally wreck a beater than my car... i love my bird!

the beater ill be drivn was given to us by my great grandma... 91 chrysler new yorker... we got it for free...just needed a new trans.

i dont like chrysler cars...that one has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

oh well

at least i wont wreck mine

yea, i know what you mean..... in the winter, i drive just fine, im just always worried about the other idiots who forget to drive when there is snow on the ground. i cant afford to get into wreck, i only have one car, very little money, and plpd. plus, my job relies on the fact i have to drive (deliveries at dominos). so yea. i like winter, but hate the idiot drivers and what salt does to a car. -greg

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I saw snow flakes yesterday when I was in Rockville, MD. Then, at night the cars were coverd with a thin layer of the white stuff. But it was all gone as soon as the sun came up this morning. In other news, the wind blew out the front window of our store. The sidewalk looked like it had an inch of snow on it.

Jim

1 - 20 of 21 Posts