TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any issues with first start after a PI swap? I'll be doing one soon - heads/cams from Modular Head shop and an intake. I know that I'll need a tune but I plan to drive it to the shop for the tune. Tricks or hints from those that have done it before would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
284 Posts
when I did mine it wasn't much difference when I did the swap on mine. the only thing I need to do is to find some where in the area I live in a shop that can tune a car. a shop that does after market work on cars I cant find one in the Lakeland area in florida. I am still looking though it runs fine to me but it could run better because it seems it does not open up as it should before the swap

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
SHould fire right up. Not a bad idea to put assembly lube on the cam lobes to prevent a totally dry start up.

·
Super Moderator
10,289 Posts
I crank it over in clear flood for a few seconds to pump the oil through the passages
Yup.

If you really want to baby it, you hook up a 10qt pressure sprayer full of oil to the oil galleries right before you put the plugs in them. :)

There are their are 3 places to do that on our engines. :)

Let the oil run thru, and put the right amount back in. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts