Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OOH YEAH!! ALL MINE :)

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
dirtyd0g said:

I think Sir William will disagree with you on that. He's got a turbo mn12.
yea so he can talk to himself now. :D

Frank

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
haha, not me. i already went the nitrous route.

Frank

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
My wife thinks I talk to myself now, so what else is new?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Sir William said:
My wife thinks I talk to myself now, so what else is new?

haha, talking to yourself doesnt make you crazy. its when you answer yourself, then your crazy. :) .

Frank

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Don't worry, I never answer myself.

Yes you do.

No I don't.

Yes you do!

No I don't!

YES YOU DO!

NO I DON'T!

Maybe I should go now...... :D

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
:uppoint:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I'm also working on plans for a turbo system to go along with the DOHC swap this summer. So maybe there'll be three people in here who can talk to each other in half a year or so.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Sir William said:
Don't worry, I never answer myself.

Yes you do.

No I don't.

Yes you do!

No I don't!

YES YOU DO!

NO I DON'T!

Maybe I should go now...... :D
Actually answering yourself isn't really an indication of insanity either. Now if the voices in your head just show up, and start giving you detailed instructions on how not to miss your ex-wife next time you aim at......er, I mean, see her.................. even when you tell them to go away...............:D:D

You may have a problem.

·
Registered
287 Posts
is the turbo the best way to go? i dont care about work

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Thats kind of like asking is an apple better than an orange. Turbo is free power recovered from the exhaust. A supercharger is driven by the engine itself so it robs a little power to make more.
Alan

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
You can make more low-end power with a supercharger. That's not to say that you can't make any low-end power with a turbocharger, but when you choose an A/R, it's a compromise. A smaller A/R will spool up faster, hence more low end power, but it'll run out of stea at the top. A larger A/R will have more lag, but you can make insane amounts of power at the top of your powerband. A good idea for most moderate street applications is to choose a lower A/R, but for our V8s, we can spool up turbos faster than measly 4-bangers can, so we can go a little higher on the A/R. A higher stall converter will get rid of turbo lag, and if the top end is too strong, the wastegate will take care of it. Turbos are much more tunable than superchargers. Plus, (I think) they sound cooler.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
dirtyd0g said:
Thats kind of like asking is an apple better than an orange. Turbo is free power recovered from the exhaust. A supercharger is driven by the engine itself so it robs a little power to make more.
Alan
well not free, but far more efficient than a supercharger.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts