TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any funny stories.... I remember ripping down the track with my windows down.... Then another run with the A/C on.... Oh yeah, can't forget the famous drive past the staging sensors and the infamous cruise through the burnout box, to just sit at the green light and spin them off earning yourself a 18sec E.T.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Drove past the staging box my first time. Only left the windows down for 1/8th of a mile once, I always go around the burnout box, never left the A/C on, but have left the heat on floor/defrost which runs the compressor as well.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
My first track experience was a wet area around the burnout box, causing wonderful wheelspin, sleeping at the lights earning a 1.7 R/T :eek: , and to top that off I blew the tranny at the 1-2 shift :eek: , it held together for the rest of the run, earning a 16.495 timeslip, and beating the primer grey 240sx with fart cannon in the next lane by a second. It was hilarious when I got to tell him he was beat, not only by a thunderbird, but by a thunderbird with a bad tranny.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
my first time, the guy who got me into it neglected to explain the staging lights to me.
I just sat there with one set on...waiting.
The guy in the tower was telling me to move up but my windows were up so I couldn' t hear him. I was shaking like a leaf.
finally dude came up to my window and told me to creep up :)

R/T sucked ROYALLY
but I won:D

I have it on tape

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
JoelBender said:
I blew the tranny at the 1-2 shift :eek: , it held together for the rest of the run, earning a 16.495 timeslip, and beating the primer grey 240sx with fart cannon in the next lane by a second.
I remember that, that was my first time too, then J.J. missed 3rd and 4th and did a 2-5 shift.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
ShadowDragon said:

I remember that, that was my first time too, then J.J. missed 3rd and 4th and did a 2-5 shift.
I was there for that too...I think.
Wasn't that the first time I met you?
I kept wondering who the wierdo was in the trench coat wondering around all our cars:D
Kinda 'stand-offish' when you first meet somebody ain'tcha:)

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
AndyR said:
Kinda 'stand-offish' when you first meet somebody ain'tcha:)
Yeah, I'm a little shy.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
First time in the 1/4, I drove right past the staging lines, and they had to wave me back. I then proceeded to lose to a c5 vette. :rolleyes:

The next time around, I got paired with a Mazda MX-3 with a 10" long, 5" diameter fart cannon. Somehow he pulled a .018 redlight, (go on the "staged" light? :rofl: ) , while I got a .63? I just kept pulling on him, and when we crossed the traps, I had won by 0.0001 seconds. :eek: They paired us back up for the next run, and this time we got about the same reaction, and I beat him by a solid .7 seconds. :ztoohot:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Heh, my first run was against a spraying boss 302

I didn't stand a chance.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey Jordan

When March gets here, I bet I'll have something to add to this thread.
(NMRA in Bradenton 6-9):)

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
I just had my first time at a track recently...

Not much in my area except imports and a bunch of rich asses with brand new z28s and a couple of budget Navy guys with v6 or GT Stangs. (Didn't see one Cobra).

First two times I ran against the same Dodge Intrepid (I think. It was the smaller of the four doors). My R/T sucked... .8somthing. I had a blazing fast 69.5mph pass with about a 10.8 E/t. I won though. Both times. Heh. Count one for the good guys.

I didn't win a single pass the rest of the night. I need a power adder. *le-sigh*

On a positive note, I ran into a guy that said he used to lurk around the TCCoA Forums a while back. If you're still around and remember that chubby kid in the pearl-white 96... Holla atcha boy. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
I got two!

One time I staged my rear tires! haha!

And I got one that beats all of ya'lls. I backed into the burn-out box and forgot to put my car back into drive. Then I powerbraked in reverse. Try playing that one off in front of a thousand people!
That was a sad day for me. But my friends all had a great time for the next week at my expense!

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Re: I got two!

ward said:
I backed into the burn-out box and forgot to put my car back into drive. Then I powerbraked in reverse.
You are not alone.
For, I too have done that.
'Least something similar. I don't back into the water box, but I back up to straighten it out while the previous pair are still staging. I've nailed it in reverse more than once...got one of those on tape too:rolleyes:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: Re: I got two!

AndyR said:

You are not alone.
For, I too have done that.
'Least something similar. I don't back into the water box, but I back up to straighten it out while the previous pair are still staging. I've nailed it in reverse more than once...got one of those on tape too:rolleyes:
Isn't it embarrassing?

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I got two!

ward said:

Isn't it embarrassing?
Dude,
with my life;
It's par for the course.
I just laugh with 'em and keep goin' :)

·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Hey Jordan

CyLum said:
When March gets here, I bet I'll have something to add to this thread.
(NMRA in Bradenton 6-9):)
heheh you will probably learn more from this thread than the other one :)

·
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: I got two!

ward said:
One time I staged my rear tires! haha!

And I got one that beats all of ya'lls. I backed into the burn-out box and forgot to put my car back into drive. Then I powerbraked in reverse. Try playing that one off in front of a thousand people!
That was a sad day for me. But my friends all had a great time for the next week at my expense!
hahhahahah thats classic... i just thought of another one... i was at The NJ meet we had not too long ago... and when i usually do a run, i put her in nuetral and give her a good rev or two, to clean her out... well, when my light hit green, i forgot to put it in drive and i sat there while my foot hit the floor, then when i realized what i did...so i threw her in drive and drove away... wasted my last run for the day too...haha also, who remembers at NE Dragway when i was in the staging lanes, and i got out of my car to go get my time slips, and left my car there.... hehehehhehe

·
Registered
970 Posts
sounds like I made it off easy my first time at the track (only time thus far)....

I pulled into the staging lanes, wasn't ready AT ALL, and they waved me up, I'm still tryin to turn stuff off, put the helmet on and the seatbelt on and roll up the windows. All that time I forgot to realize that I creeped into the lanes in 1st, SO, when I hit half track and had hit the rev limiter for say the 3rd time...... They lined me up against a S10 that wasn't exactly stock....he did snap both of his STOCK axles though....so yeah, I win! :)

I did pull a nice 1 wheeler when I tried to go around the water box but didn't make it. caught my pass. tire in the water and went up in smoke. poor tire....

Otherwise, I just got embarassed over and over. Lost to 3 F-bodies, and 1 supercoupe. won by default on a redlight 13second classic and the S10, and actually beat rancherlee's V6 (he was still running 16s, I won't even SEE him this year)

Fun times though...

-jw

15.834 @ 86.87 STOCK baby! :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Not the Bird, but

I took my Cougar to OCIR and did a dial-in at 16. I ran off with a 67 Cramero with a dial of 13.5. My light turned green and I sat, his went green and he left, I sat. I waited until he was out about 40' out and launched. I passed him shortly before the eyes. A track official met me at the time box, looked in and said get the h3ll off my track, do not come back until you pass safety. He refused to give me my time slip.
My buddy told me I turned a 10.90. For 2 months everybody gave me crap for letting a Cramero get the jump and still getting tossed and banned from the track.
God I love Ford Big Blocks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts