TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the Bird to the track last weekend for the first time in a year and a half. Was looking to just blow the dust out of it, but I ended up running a slightly new best time and mph. It was at Mason Dixon during the Northern Virginia Mustang Club's private rental (they invite us and a Corvette club along too). It was a great time...you pay a little more, but they limit the number of cars. I made about 15 passes and still did a lot of sitting around.

The new best:

R/T - .042
60' - 1.842
330' - 5.443
1/8 - 8.433
MPH - 82.58
1000' - 11.025
1/4 - 13.214
MPH - 102.91

I think there's definitely more to be had out of it with minor work. I've got a set of Kooks on the way and am planning for a better flowing exhaust. I also think the tune in it now is a joke, so that's in the works too. Not sure if I wanna find a set of skinnies for it or not. Either way, I think with these little things I can turn a 12.8-12.9 at Mason Dixon, and maybe a little lower at Cecil or MIR.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Yeah it did great Jeff.

I think once you get the full compliment of needed parts to optimize it, it'll really rock!

I agree also with the tune. You NEED to get it someplace and have it retuned. I don't really believe you have all that is there yet.

Congrats on the new times. It ran really well.

·
Super Moderator
12,536 Posts
Congratulations Jeff!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
What have you done to that? You have an awesome ET compared to mine :(
-Rob

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ported heads and aggressive cams, and a high-stall converter. Other little things but those are the big playing mods. By season's end, if I can get the mods done I want (headers, exhaust, tune, and 4.10's), I think I can knock it down to a 12.8 at Mason Dixon.

I can tell you by seeing your mods that a better converter would do you wonders. I used to run a Marauder converter with the same mods I have now, and couldn't do better than a 14.3.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
What kind of converter do you have? Congrats by the way. I will do either ported heads or 4v in the future, just for fun.
-Rob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Wow! How does it drive on the street/highway?
-Rob

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It drives great. It's just about the perfect stall for my car. No issues while cruising, but when you need to get down on it, it's very responsive.

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
nice. congrats!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts