TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of the idiosyncrasies of our vehicles being rear-wheel drive and their behavior in the rain and slop, but mine has been started something recently that I've never experienced before. When the road is wet and I'm starting from a dead stop, the wheels feel like they slip to the point of making a chatter (instead of spinning completely, they are making intermittent contact enough to move forward slightly) on the 1-2 upshift; when it does this, I start to lose control of the rear end. I had to have the driver's side rear wheel bearing replaced a few months ago. Could the shop have messed up something? What else would cause this? It even seems to happen when I take it easy on the gas. Is this something that I just have to deal with?

Thanks!

·
Registered
890 Posts
could be torque converter shudder????

Have you done the j-mod and or switched to Mercon V?

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
could even be the tires...my cars old tires wouldnt spin on the wet road under light acceleration but would slip on the white lines on the pavement....even under the slightest acceleration....thats just my case

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Do you have a limited slip rear? It will chatter like that with slippage

·
Registered
798 Posts
it's wheel hop, your tires are losing a bit of traction in the rain

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
timb said:
Do you have a limited slip rear? It will chatter like that with slippage
I concur.

BTW, with the Trac Lok now, i cant bear to live without it:)
joseph

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have trac-lok and i've never had any chatter when the wheels spin. Only time i've ever had chatter was when i would turn corners. A gear oil change fixed that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of your ideas and opinions. BTW, my car does not have the limited-slip differential.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Apparently I have exact the same issue after PA Super Streeter tranny install.
What's the solution? Is it inevitable for high performance trannies or I can do something about that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts