TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But not the usual one. :D

I've been keeping my ear to the ground about the potential of the 5R55W and so far I've heard they can be modified to handle about 600 hp (don't know about torque).

But knowing that the electronics is an issue in regard to the FN10/MN12 platform, I sent Baumann Electronic Controls an email wondering if he had anything in the works.

My original email and his reply:
Karl Baumann said:
Hello Donald,

In fact, I do have an early prototype in the works. It is a little crude right now, and it will be sometime next year before I can get the development work done to make it a sellable product. However, it is in the works and hopefully we'll have it ready in time for your project. I also may be able to put a prototype together for you if you are in a pinch, but it would be better to wait until it is further along.

Thank you for your inquiry, and for your service to our nation in this difficult and critical time!

Sincerely,

Karl Baumann
Baumann Electronic Controls, LLC.

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 3:21 PM
Subject: Ford 5R55 Transmissions

Hi,

I was wondering if you have any control systems in the works for the Ford 5R55 series five speed automatic transmissions.

Thanks,
Donald Naphy
So it looks like there might be potential in the not so distant future if someone wants to do an automatic five speed swap say, like in a Gen II Mark VIII LSC..... :znanner:

Quick gear ratios:
4R70W: 2.84 1.55 1.00 0.70
T-45: 3.37 1.99 1.33 1.00 0.67
5R55W: 3.22 2.41 1.55 1.00 0.75

Anybody know the physical dimensions? :2huh:

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Sounds promising, i like those ratios.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts