TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had to leave my car out of town for about 2 weeks...long story. i already knew one tire was flat, but when i went to get my car, another tire was flat on the rear, took it to a shop to get the tire, they replaced the front tire, then on the rear i was going to get them to patch it, but they showed me a hairline crack about a inch and a half on my rear rim that was letting air out very slowly.

one of my buddys said to take the tire off and put jbweld on the crack. has anyone done this? or should i just take it somewhere and see if i can find someone to fix it?

Matt Musto

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
i had to leave my car out of town for about 2 weeks...long story. i already knew one tire was flat, but when i went to get my car, another tire was flat on the rear, took it to a shop to get the tire, they replaced the front tire, then on the rear i was going to get them to patch it, but they showed me a hairline crack about a inch and a half on my rear rim that was letting air out very slowly.

one of my buddys said to take the tire off and put jbweld on the crack. has anyone done this? or should i just take it somewhere and see if i can find someone to fix it?

Matt Musto
There is a guy local to me named Sabs, he can fix any type of rim, i saw hiw redo some magnesium Porsche parts.

Look in your local phone book for a wheel repair place, they will be able to hook you up easily.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Don't use JB Weld on it. If you can't find a local guy there are mail places that fix rims. I used one which I think was Wheels America, not sure it was long ago, but they did an excellent job.

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't use JB Weld on it. If you can't find a local guy there are mail places that fix rims. I used one which I think was Wheels America, not sure it was long ago, but they did an excellent job.

what did it wind up costing you by the time you shipped it and all?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts