TCCoA Forums banner
461 - 477 of 477 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #461 ·
Well, I just left it there. It isn't hooked up or anthing, but I know where it is if I ever need it!

We got the head installed, and the car running. It sounds a LOT better, but I'm still worried. It has a "popping" coming from the exhaust, kinda like a mini backfire, but very soft. Any idea what might cause that? Could it be the PI heads? (I don't have the chip in yet).

The Chip and the LMAF go in tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
Jon, is there anyway (or anytime) we could get together and hook up your scan tool again? Its got a misfire in it, but no CEL. (It has a "pop" in the exhaust) I'm guessing #5 injector (I've checked the plugs, coil, and wire) but I'd like to be sure. I've got Wed. off if that helps at all. The car is running good enough to make it to Humboldt if need be.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #463 ·
ITS FIXED!!!!!!!! No misfires, no "pops", no CELs, it idles smooth, it runs smooth, sounds great and pulls better!!! I replaced the #5 injector and it fixed it. The old one was damaged, (read FILTHY) by the coolant being leaked into the cylinder.

Now I'm going to install the MAF and the Chip. (Well, tomorrow probably, I need to be at work in an hour)

Thanks for all the help from everybody! You're great! And even though he doesn't frequent these boards.... Thanks Tommy, couldnt have done it without you.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #465 · (Edited)
Nope, I'm running the stock 19# injectors, Ported, Polished & Half-shafted 04 GT TB, an 80mm Lightning MAF and an SCT chip to make it all work. (I just finished installing the MAF and the chip, I mean like 5 min ago!) :D

Edit: Pics - I wanted to use the entire stock intake tube for a stock "sleeper" look. But the stock tube just won't fit over the 80mm MAF. I was pressed for time, it was raining, so I used the aluminum tube from my aftermarket CAI. In all honesty, I don't think it looks half bad. I might want to have it powdercoated later however. Or just find a Mustang GT intake tube that will fit the MAF.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #467 ·
Well, its actually smaller than a 75 I think. But with the P&P and the Halfshaft, it flows as well as or better than a 75. Due to the smaller diameter, but with fewer things in the way, it has higher velocity if that makes sense.

The stock TB actuall have a ridge where the inner diameter "steps down". That ridge has been smoothed and the shaft is not much bigger than the butterfly when its at WOT.

I considered 24# injectors, but I'll wait and see if the 19's get the job done.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·
ITS DONE!!!

The car is assembled, running, and complete. Best time at MoKan dragway was a 14.9989. Wanted a 14.7 but I'll get there. I'm already pricing 3.73 gears.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 · (Edited)
We could probably arrange something... There's going to be a meet in the Independence area on the 27th. You might want to attend that, meet some of the folks in the area and see what can be done....

There's a thread in the MO chapter section with info about the meet.

And yep, I've got trac-loc. I had it on the LE so naturally I've got it on the GT.

Start a thread for a Great Bend meet. It'd be really great if it was on a weekend that they are having Autocross out there as well. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #473 ·
Hey Jon! Man, forgot all about this thread... And no, haven't forgotten about your tool kit, in fact I was just talking to another member who knows you. He gave me your address so I can get it to you if I'm up that way soon.

So, how've things been going? The Mountaineer running good?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well she's heavy-
but we did take her to Colorado and drove up Black bear , and Imogene passes,
over 13.000 feet elevation of hard pulling, on very rough terrain. Pictures are in my 1st sig link --
Then went to the track and ran a 14.8 --all in the same month. Not too shabby I guess, but that was only my 2nd track pass, so I know there is more in her.
In fact--Lola ( Dan W) was there with me , along with another explorer forum member. The truck does all this while getting 18 mpg

I'm not bugging you about the pressure tester-just saying hi.
I stuck something I powdercoated in the for sale forum. Check it out.

How have you been doing? Heyyyyyy
what ever happened to the --erm umm interest you had up this way?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #475 ·
Sounds like a pretty versatile Mountaineer! I've got the T-bird GT down to a 14.6, but haven't had her to the track in a while. And in a couple weeks I'll be putting the all season tires back on.

The interest up that way is no more. Just proved to be not that interesting i guess.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
After being down for 8 months mine fired back up yesterday thanks in a large way
to Ryan who donated his old motor to the effort.

One nice thing is that the winter tires are still on it :)

Ryan if you reading these threads it sounds great and no smoking. Thanks a lot.

So Michael were did you run the 14.6 MoKan?

T

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #477 ·
That was at KCIR... Ryan was there at the time as well.

I'm dying to get it to the track again, but am going to wait till next year. Just want to make sure everything is working right.

461 - 477 of 477 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.