TCCoA Forums banner

Fixing Body Damage

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  RedThunder94 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I was recently in an accident that left a really nice sized dent in my 95 XR-7.... I think im gonna need a new door and quarter panel, I havent taken it for a quote yet but I was just wondering if anyone knew anything I could do or have any suggestions to getting this thing repaired? Just Curious.... if you go to my car domain web page you can see pictures of the damage http://www.cardomain.com/id/blackcat666

#2 ·
You will probly be looking at a new quarter and door. You may be able to get away with sectioning in the quarter. My wife showed her love for my baby and that’s what we did. It turned out really good. How much did the insurance give you? I'd find a reprable body shop in your area and go from there. I lucked out at the local salvage yard and picked up the quarter, whole bumper, taillight and spoiler pretty cheap. You might even be able to do most of the sanding your self to save some $$. Good luck.

#3 ·
Man, that looks so much like the damage my car's got... Happened just last week, too. Of course mine is worse, since it appears that i was hit by a truck, a big one. My car was parked and i didnt see when it happened, and unfortunately for me and my budget it was a hit and run, and i had not upgraded my insurance to complete coverage (i was 2 days away from doing it, blah.) so it wont cover the damage.

Im a newbie to cars... and much more to the terminology in english... (im from mexico city). Im assuming the quarter panel is the one posterior to the door, am i right?

Im not too knowledgeable, you might need a new door, but maybe you can just take it to have the dent pushed out... But since the door is a complicated system by itself, i wouldnt know if that would be the best.

Raybroadway, what do you mean by 'sectioning the panel'?

For me, im definitely going to need a new door... And i was told the best way to go was to replace the quarter panel and the piece behind the front wheel (what is that one called?) You can see the damage
here and here.

Any suggestions for BlackCat might also work for me... :D

#4 ·
oh crud, misha, you car looks way worse than black cat's car, looks like you'll be needing the front fender, door, and the left rear quarter panel, worse part is the hit and run :zbash: i would of hoped to catch the punk that hit it, more then likely if your insurance agent saw the car he would have prolly totalled it, good luck with both of your cougies guys, later'z.......:D

#5 ·
I would've more than loved to catch the jerk that hit my poor Seth... And in that sense its a good thing Seth wasnt insured, because there's that possibility that he was declared as a total loss... He was worth about 4,000 (at least here in mexico), and the cost of repairing it is probably going to be around 1,500....

Time to break the piggy bank, eh?

#6 ·
hey man, good luck, and btw, you know how much they would charge for re-upholstering my bird? i'll be going down to mexico sooner or later to get some estimates, but if you could get a ball park figure that would be cool, tia, later'z.....:D

#8 ·
i'm planning to go just across the border but i just wanted to get a ballpark estimate, my friend has some family in pierdras negras, so i'll prolly go there, i know it will be a little more then over there in the d.f., but if you could find out for me that would be cool, i'm in fredericksburg, tx. it is in the san antonio area, thanks, later'z......:D

#9 ·
Ah, then i dont have to look too hard... It is very likely that it will be more expensive here in the city and in the area where i live than up in piedras negras, so i can just go ask around a few places and you can use that estimation as a -top- value for whatever it might cost.

You'd be upholstering in fabric or leather? i think they make a difference in prices according to the material...

#10 ·
light blue leather, all the way, or maybe a half leather, half cloth setup, and i will want a thunderbird outlined on the headrest, thanks.....:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.