TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I finally have the whole front end out of my 94, I need to make a decision. :leftright

Do I go with an aftermarket (Flaming River) steering u-joint, or do I just replace with OEM? :2huh:

My current OEM looks fine and has lasted 268K miles so from a longevity stand point, OEM is fine. But I don't want to EVER have to drop this front end again, so for a clearance standpoint when I do the DOHC swap with the headers, the aftermarket might be best.

Does Flaming River (or anyone) even make one for the MN12 that is a straight bolt in? :confused:

Any thoughts would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
I'm using an OEM steering rag joint on my 90 XR7 w/4.6L DOHC. It clears the Kooks 1 3/4" x 3" headers (the big ones) without a problem.

Here's a picture:

-Rod

·
Registered
926 Posts
I would be carefull with Flaming River stuff, My friend bought a K member from them and it was a 1\4 inch off on both sides!!!! :(

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
racecougar said:
I'm using an OEM steering rag joint on my 90 XR7 w/4.6L DOHC. It clears the Kooks 1 3/4" x 3" headers (the big ones) without a problem.
-Rod
Excellent!! Thanks for that photo! Those are probably the same headers I'll be going with when I do my swap.

Now, I wonder how much that joint will cost from Max. :leftright

Thanks! :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts