TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Im gonna get blasted by you guys on this but what the hell , I was watching TRUCKS! on TNN yesterday and they had a how to on making a flame-thrower from your exhaust. Has anybody ever done this? and what is a step by step way to do this, any ideas?

-TANK:king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
No worse than weenie wheels, so prevelant in this part of the
world, I suppose.

Each to his own.....

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Won't quite work on an emisions controled vehicle like it would one that is not.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
You dont need a kit to do anything like that. All you have to do it flood your engine with gas to make it very rich. Then It will get hot and shoot flames
:ztoohot:

Like I think my car is running rich enough to try it. I will let you know how it work later tonight :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
BlackTbird96 said:
You dont need a kit to do anything like that. All you have to do it flood your engine with gas to make it very rich. Then It will get hot and shoot flames
:ztoohot:

Like I think my car is running rich enough to try it. I will let you know how it work later tonight :rolleyes:
oh god, just tell me what news to watch at 10 so i can see it!!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
VicRattlehead said:
If he's able to use a telephone by then.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Already a post on this in Gen Tech. it got abit out of hand with people saying it was ricey, so I split the thread.

No matter how rich your running, your cats will just clog. What i think is fun is dumping raw diesel fuel right after the cats, makes TONS of smoke.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
VicRattlehead said:

Yea I will let you know, It will be the only car on fire driving down the street.

BTW - I got the car home from work today. Its just awesome.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ummmmm

LOL that was pretty cool, but the thought of gas running through my engine unburned then raw gas in my exhaust just doesn't sit too well with me!!! "How did you blow up your car??" Well, I , uhhh, gas, spark plug in exhaust....LOL

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well for you guys info. I did it last night with parts from Advance. spark plug, coil, and a switch. It works fine! Pretty cool actually. So whatever you may say, it dont matter, I like it so thats what counts. It actually works. So all of you naysayers, ya'll can KMA! To each his own!

-TANK

·
Registered
103 Posts
Actually, i saw a show about how to prevent kidnappings with armored cars and stuff and some South African company makes a system that shoots flames up around the doors to roast any attackers. Also comes in handy when you need to light your cigar. Anyway , got some pics of your T-Bird with afterburner ?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Botman said:
Actually, i saw a show about how to prevent kidnappings with armored cars and stuff and some South African company makes a system that shoots flames up around the doors to roast any attackers. Also comes in handy when you need to light your cigar. Anyway , got some pics of your T-Bird with afterburner ?
Yeah, and they have one with spring loaded blades which spring out to chop them off at their ankles.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
That's cool man... show us some pics! I'm doing that to my next sc... not 20 ft flames or anything like that... just a few inches for car shows and what not. I think it'd be different/cool as long as it's tastefully done. question.... do you run a seperate fuel injector to the end of the exhaust or something (that doesn't sound good... seems dangerous)? Or does the plug just ignite unburnt fuel/fumes in the exhaust? Thanks

-Steve

P.S. If you don't like it, don't respond by bashing me... I don't bash other people on what they do to their cars (even though it looks stupid or does nothing for performance)... Thank you
:cool:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no problem steve! Yeah I am also sick of people bashing others' ideas or mods they want to do to their own car. If you don't like what I do, don't worry about it, its not yours anyways, so if I wanted to tack a big fat chevy bowtie on my front windshield, I can. And there is nothing anybody could do about it! And you know the ones that criticize are the ones who run out and do the same thing to their car. It's all about being a leader and not a follower. So if I like something, such as the flames, thats my prerogative! I am with you Steve all the way!

-TANK :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh sorry steve I forgot to answer your question! You just drill a hole in your pipe near the end, then run an el cheapo coil and mount it away from the tank, then hook a switch up and plug the wire to the coil and let it rip!

·
Registered
698 Posts
I had a professor that told us how to do it with a fuel injected car and a spark plug. really wicked idea. and if that B*$%# won't get off your ***...give her a little flash. Ok, imma little on the HICK side tonight, have fun boyz

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Blown94SC said:

KMA?

Not smart enough to type it out?

Whatever....RicerBoy :uppoint:

Why not put a 6 inch fart pipes and graphics all over it? I bet you own a copy of the fast and furious too.

:rolleyes:
and your reason for stepping in this conversation was?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Flames

Hey PM on how to install something like this, i want to put it on my moms Grand Am and not tell her, but when im in there with her tell her to push the big red button.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts