TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know exactly where the flasher is and the best way to get at it? I can hear it, but can't seem to get my hands on it.......Any help would be appreciated.....Howard........97 tbird

·
Registered
102 Posts
me too...

My hazard lights never worked. When I engage the hazard switch, nothing happens. When I turn it off there's about a 75% chance that my turn signals won't work. I have to turn the hazard switch on & off a few times to get the turn signals to start working again.

Don't know if the switch is bad or the hazard flasher (is there one for turn signals and one for emergency?) is bad. Tried to find it -- sounds like it's buried behind the instrument panel.

Looking at the shop manual, it looks like there's only one electronic flasher unit which is shared between trurn signal & hazard. So either there'd be a problem with the hazard switch (most likely because of turn signal issue) or the multifunction switch. Guess I'll be going without hazard lights until next year :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had the same problem in my 94 right after i got the car. I had to mess with the hazard light switch to get the turn signals and hazards to work. If the switch was up i had to pull it back towards me to get everything to work. Probably a bad switch but im too lazy to fool with it as long as it works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gentalmen good luck, the flasher "relay" is under the dash in the wiring loom. To find the exact location for your particular year go to the dealership and ask to look at their shop manual. I had to for my 97. Ford didn't put things in the normal locations on these cars. In fact if your blower fuse ever goes, which mine did the fuse is not in the fuse panel, but right behind it in a seperate inline fuse holder. When in doubt cheat and go to the dealership and look at a service manual.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts