TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, if you ever wondered what it is like to get a flat tire on the stretch of I-10 in Tucson where there are no exits and no shoulder, I can tell you it is no fun.

West bound, right where I-19 comes on, POW a catasrophic flat with the family and junk for a weekend trip in the 00 Grand Marquis.

I had no choice, I have to drive 2-5 mph for alnost 2 miles to a pull out. Friday, holiday weekend no less. I was a sitting duck. I caused a 30 minute backup! It took a wrecker forever to get there, by that time I had the tire cut from the rear axle and the spare on it already, then I had to roast the temp spare on the right rear to try to get back into traffic.

Here is hoping the rest of the weekend goes better. Stopped by a Jack Furriers and got me a new tire and on our way we went!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
WOW!

Well, Im glad to hear everyone is safe! This highway thing is so freakin bad...

Have a good, SAFE, trip!

~MG~

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I then I had to roast the temp spare on the right rear to try to get back into traffic.
and it didnt explode? lol ive done that before in my school parking lot.. lol wasnt fun. took it about 10-15 seconds to just shred completely and explode made a great deal of smoke but im still glad i had that "extra spare" in the trunk :rolleyes::tongue::D

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Tires in AZ are no joke, check your damn pressure. The funny thing is when you wake up the next day your pressure is considered cold but if you wait later in the day you'll notice the heat will expand the pressure. So which temp is correct? I try and do my mine during the day but not driven that day. AZ i think is the number state for tire failure because of improper tire pressure.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advise.

I am anal when it comes to my cars. I check the tires, fluids, bulbs weekly. Anyone else with a 5 year old that know how to go through left signal, right signal, brake, then again with the lights on? :)

I am pretty sure I ran over something sharp and puncturious.

And I missed the milestone of 123456 miles in it by 2 miles, I took pictures of 111111 (and it happened to be hot that day, so I 111 degrees at 1:11 on the heater controls).

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I have had a nail in a tire before so its not uncommon. I don't like going more than a few months without checking but lately I've been checking it more often because every summer I see tire remains all over the roads and even ran over a huge tread in my GM and it fcked up my front end. So I don't ever want to be one of those people on the side of the road. Had it happen once in IL, so never again.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ill Never get a Flat tire....... I have 245/45zr17 Goodyear Runflats Never go flat and can drive on no air pressure for about 100 miles

·
Registered
630 Posts
ooohhh nad just by discount tire they will check them out for free and make sure your air is checked did i forget all AZ members get a 10% discount at discount tire because of me :D send pm me and ill give ya the deatails

1 - 8 of 8 Posts