TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed lately that my 3.8 has a flat spot in the peddle when accelerating. The engine seems to do nothing even though I am pressing on the peddle. The car is still moving, but there is little or no acceleration until a few seconds later it just picks up and goes. Other than that, the engine is running fine, a little rough still after the brake booster bleeding into the EGR tube.

On another note: How do I get rid of the brake fluid burning smell after having the brake master cylinder and booster replaced? Do I blow some sea foam in the vacuum line to the EGR tube? Or is the catalytic converter going to burn the brake fluid for a while before it is gone?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Possible conclusion

Seems that after having the brakes done, the car is running better and better. I ran some seafoam in the intake and poured a can in the tank. The flat spot is disappearing and the car is regaining its pep it had before the brakes went out and leaked into the intake.

Brake fluid in the intake is just nasty....

And the smell is gone now after driving the car a lot to burn off and out any of the brake left in the intake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts