TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some flexibl exhaust tubing today. Since sometimes it's such a pain in the ass to do exhaust on these cars it got me thinking. Has anyone ever used this stuff before?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I saw some flexibl exhaust tubing today. Since sometimes it's such a pain in the ass to do exhaust on these cars it got me thinking. Has anyone ever used this stuff before?
Please be more specific. Can you post a link? That would help answer your question.

Brad

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no link to it but its the same diameter as exhaust tubing but is crimped every inch or so to allow it to bend. The guy said ppl use it for turbos and such but it looks like it would work.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
The kind you describe isn't as good as the woven kind. I've seen 10"-12" sections of the woven kind at O'Reillys. It would be great for making difficult joints in the exhaust system, or getting two sections to line up better.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So in theory I could use some of this stuff from O'Reillys to make the bends I'd need to run true duals?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yes... In Theory

·
Registered
892 Posts
The kind you describe isn't as good as the woven kind. I've seen 10"-12" sections of the woven kind at O'Reillys. It would be great for making difficult joints in the exhaust system, or getting two sections to line up better.
Thank you. I couldn't remember the name of the semi ok kind to use. W-o-v-e-n.

Brad

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
the braided steel "woven" couplers are ok but when you said flex tubing and crimps I instantly thought of that nasty ribbed tubing that they sell in every autoparts store I've ever been in, I think chevy used something similar on old trucks but ewwww NO!... exhaust is not something to skimp out on I'm afraid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts