TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the gauge pod installed with a set of AutoMeter gauges thanks to Gagfish. The tranny temp gauge seems to be acting up though. At first the temp would rise slowly then once it reached around 160* it would start to be affected by braking or accelerating, jumping up and down. John thinks it might be a bad gauge. Anything else to check? Not sure if this is the right forum for this problem, so feel free to move it. Thanks.

Joe

·
Registered
882 Posts
check the ground if it has one, not too familar with the guages...

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Question about grounding. In Fubarian's thread in the WIP forum it's mentioned a few times about grounding the sender. Could this be the problem? If it is, any tips on doing it?

Fubarian's ghetto fitting

Joe

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
I found this article a while back; it may be worth reviewing, though it doesn't say anything about grounding the sender. However, in the instructions on the gauge I plan on installing, it states to ground the gauge itself to the engine block.

Quoted: "For the most accurate reading, connect the gauge ground wire directly to the engine block, to ensure that there is a good ground between the sender and the gauge."

Just a thought....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts