TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that the Misc. forum is mostl about opinion, here is my submission. The thread about the georgia state t-bird was closed evidently because of a turn to be a battle about what people think about cops. Well, well, well, I am not saying ALL cops are bad I guess I just feel targeted personally. Most of you may have the andy griffith and barney fife types, but in my town I have the jealous, lying, cheating types. I am a law abiding over-taxed citizen and this is absurd. I am well known in my community through football youth organizations and such, but here is the drawback of sorts. I have 3 tricked out rides and every where i seem to go there is some "Oinker" always behind me. In turn I usually get pulled because of some lame excuse like "your license frame slightly covers up your plate." & "Just wondering why you are driving so slow."( because your dumb*** was behind me.) And they always want to check my ride. I have no problem with this but why does it seem like all the "new" breed of cops feel they have to make a name for themselves? Most of them are on some sort of ego trip, this is why they have such a bad name. I have no problem with cops in general, I know they have a job to do, BUT, while they are hassling me little "johnny" is getting drugged up or breaking into a store somewhere. It seems like they are scared to deal with people they don't know or "actual" crimes. I know this will get under peoples skin, but this is the story from the "other" side. The one you hear about. So next time you see Johnny Law, I'll wave , but I will never trust his a**.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Dude... you should see what's happening with the Buffalo PD these days. They're mad because getting a raise isn't within the city's budget this year... so what did they do to retaliate? They set up seatbelt/inspection/tires/registration/etc.. road blocks in rush hour traffic! I had to actually turn around and take an alternate route to work because traffic was backed up for 2-3 miles... on top of that, they also setup another road block on the 33 (a pretty major highway) before and after a Sabers game. They were interviewing people on the radio about it and I guess people weren't even getting there until after the first period, on top of that... an ambulance had to get by but with traffic being clogged up for miles and miles it had to take the shoulder all the way down :rolleyes: . I think it's a pretty immature stunt to take your aggression out on the people your paid to protect instead of the city govt. I believe this happened on mon and tues but since then, the officers were ordered to stop using roadblocks for any reason until further notice... but as a result of that, now their going to start cracking down on other things to piss off the community :rolleyes:

P.S. I heard on the radio that an officer was sitting in his car just watching the parking meters, waiting for them to expire so he could issue tickets to people. I guess there was a lady getting her stuff all together from out of her car (I assume to go to work) and her car was still running. The officer seen that she had a cell phone and yelled to her.. "you know you can get a ticket for that?"... "cell phones are illegal to use while your driving and your car is running... and you have a phone! So that means that you could use it". The lady told him "fine then... issue me a ticket, and if you do I'll scream rape!" The officer told her "I'm no where even near you!" and she replied "yeah... but you have the 'equipment' to rape me , which means that it can possibly happen" and she just walked away, lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bad steve, That snow reply was 'sposed to go on the other one. Oh well. Anyways, Most cops today are nothing but the people that you went to school with that got picked last in gym class, no friends, ate lunch by themselves, got picked on & couldn't get a date if she was the last girl on earth, so they get a badge and a gun and think they can pay their "debt" back to society by thinking they are "important" by wearing a badge and a gun. Now if any of you think that all cops are wonderful, well just consider yourself getting the wool pulled over your eyes. ............And they wonder why there are songs about them and people don't like them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts