TCCoA Forums banner

Flooding ...

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Maic 
#1 ·
I hope everyone in the south central states that are affected by flooding are doing ok.

I saw this picture on the cover page of today's issue of USA Today at the hotel this morning ... the value of our cars just went up by .01¢

See less See more
#2 ·
Right about now, with the electrical issue(s) causing the no-start condition on my '97 T-Bird, I almost wish it was sitting in the middle of that "lake"!

Seriously, I hope everyone in the affected areas are as safe as possible, and that their lives are affected by this flooding as little as possible!

Dennis

#4 ·
I was driving through bastrop in the direct path of water when the dam at the bastrop state park broke - everybody in my lane just kept driving into the rushing water, nobody could turn around. Almost abandoned the car - I drove through water up to my headlights - made it, thought I was going to die. I was shaking and trying not to pass out while this was happening. Drove up onto an overpass just beyond the flood, I stayed up there for maybe two hours. News vans, fire trucks towing aluminum boats, cops, ambulances all flying past me once the water clears from my side of the road...I spoke to a state trooper - he said get off the overpass, shouldn't be any flooding in front of me, so I hit the road 20 minutes later...we are all cruising along when everyone pulls to the side of the road because the Colorado River is flooding hwy 71 @ smithville - I panic, turn around, drive on the shoulder against traffic, come to a crossover, go to the other side of the highway, put the pedal to the floor and stayed that way...I was going 135 coming into bastrop...and I had slowed down at that point. I got a room at a motel - an upstairs room. Couldn't sleep. Woke up yesterday at 7, hit the road at 9, home at noon. Couldn't sleep last night, in spite of total exhaustion. I was having visions of the car washing off the road...scary stuff

#5 ·
Wow, it's good to hear you are ok. That was kind of an interesting reason to open up with your car. Maybe some Stevie Ray Vaughn "Texas Flood" would be appropriate music to settle your nerves.

#9 ·
In Houston the Galleria was flooded, and it was bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.