TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here being affected by the Hurricane Charley? It looks like they have been tryign to evacuate people from Florida. It looks like a catagory 2, but that is still 100mph winds. Well, my thoughts go out to you guys living down there!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah man, it is heading STRAIGHT at me and 93SC, hope everything turns out OK here..... Im on the coast and the first place it will affect

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was just gonna post this when I saw that they are asking 800,000 to evacuate....i hope all the florida TCCOAers and thier familys are ok and the storm just decides to dissipate.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Heck yeah, it hit like a couple miles from me.Man this sucks, and I am planning on staying here.......................

·
Registered
252 Posts
I live right before the keys start. The were evacuating the Keys today. If you were heading north they weren't charging tolls. They were so many people heading out of the keys with their boats.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
I'm in NC right now, but from what I've been told it's heading for impact between Venice and Fort Myers so my place is directly affected. Evacuations have taken place in my town, Port Charlotte, for low-lying areas and mobile homes. Same for Lee and Sarasota counties...the islands have been evacuated (i.e. Sanibel).

Glad to be out of there for the storm, though we'll be getting the leftovers over the weekend here in Charlotte. You guys still in FL stay safe!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Ouch, Catagory 4. Hope everyone down there is prepared, it's gonna be a big one after all!

·
Registered
61 Posts
For a few hours I thought I was going to get to stand in the eye tonight. Patio furniture is in the pool and windows are boarded up. Now it looks like it's going south of here. I feel sorry for the folks down there, but I don't mind at all that it's going to miss me now.

·
Registered
850 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
Oh it's coming this way alright.
oh god, I just moved to Nc from TN 2 weeks ago with my wifey (we both go to Pharmacy school at Campbell).
want to go back to TN!!!
this NC is full of hurricanes and emission inspections!

hate Buies Queek!!:mad:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Actually it's a ploy.. a big conspiracy.. There is nothing going on down here.. we just like to keep the visitors away during the summer, so we can have the place to ourselves...

I was watching this thing with minor interest over the last few days... Ho-hum... another hurricane... they had it tracking up towards the Tampa Bay area... ok, we'll get some wind, a bunch of rain, no biggie... it's only a 2...

Then about three hours ago it makes a hard right turn at Ft. Myers, and it's a 4, heading across the state to MY coast...

No more ho-hum... the storm shutters are up and I'm hunkered down... got bread, water, tuna fish, peanut butter, canned veggies, candles... I'm ready now...

Funny it was the same when I live in SF Bay area... Ho-hum only 2.3, only 1.7... until one day while I was sitting in a bar watching the Giants play the World Series, well almost watched them... all hell broke loose.. that changed my perspective...

-mike

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Guys be praying for the folks in Arcadia. I just heard on the news that the public hurricane shelter is starting to come apart. They aren't sure the number of people yet there were 300 there at 1:00 pm today

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
We're already getting part of the storm from that big NE arm it has, Rain just went horizontal.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Breathing a sigh of relief. That was about as close to a cat 4 as I want to be.
We have bad roof damage. Need to reroof. Part of our sofet is gone. Few tree branches but other than that, we made it. The eye passed 2 miles east of us. The eye wall just nicked us.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Just talked to some people in Port Charlotte..my parents are ok, but some huge oak trees got ripped out of the ground and we've got house damage too, nothing serious from what I understand. My dad thinks they'll be without power for a week or so, power lines by the house got smashed to the ground. Both the cars (Explorer and the Bird) are blocked in by fallen trees, our house wasn't flooded but I'm sure we were lucky in that regard.

The eye passed directly over them, according to personal accounts of my parents and me watching a highly zoomed in radar.

Next up though the Cougar is sitting in a parking lot in Oviedo...who knows what I'll come back to in a few days :( Looks like Charles is heading up to O-town, and getting there quick.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Palmguy said:
Just talked to some people in Port Charlotte..my parents are ok,
Excellent!
Palmguy said:
:( Looks like Charles is heading up to O-town, and getting there quick.
Yeah it's motoring.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
:(

Is the car okay?

The eye is the easy part by the way.
Also has the highest winds. Bird is fine. I parked it up close to the side of the house and it was protected from the highest wind and debris. When the wind shifted it got some stuff on it but nothing major. Nothing a quick wash/wax won't fix. :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts