TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinkin about a road trip to florida sometime prob in july. figure it would be a 2 day drive (4 days total) so that would give me what 3 days in florida lol. Now I dont plan to go all the way to the tip unless thats the only place thats cool... But whats in florida besides beaches? Is it expensive there? And what other places in the upper that are good (if none then its to the tip i go).

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
how far south do you want to do?

the "north" is called the panhandle....self explanitory, panama city beach. There is bsically nothing to do north of daytona......There is almost everything you can think of in orlando. We only have 6% sales tax, its not that expensive, gas isnt too bad, generally national average price in seminole/orange county(orlando).

and remember, with about 1000 miles of beaches, if it involves sunlight or fish, salt water and sand will be involved. Also, the "tip" is florida city, there is nothing there but an outlet mall, mcdonalds, wendys, and some gas stations..last stop before the Keys. the Keys are nice but the hotels are kinda pricey and its really laid back...lots o bars, restaruants, etc....its about 4 hours from Key Largo to the southern most point(key west). Word to the wise, if you go to the keys, dont get all testosteronish and loud mouthed, the locals dont like crap like that. If you want to chill, go fish, and eat the worlds best dolphin sammitch(no, not flipper) then go to the keys. If you want to get plastered, go to clubs, and partake in other forms of debauchery, then to to panama city, orlando, or drive down to miami and do the whole south beach thing(south beach aint cheap)....whatever you do, just dont stink up the joint, we dont take kindly to disrespectful tourists. the FHP doesnt take any crap(trust me) dont make manatee steak jokes, and dont say how great things are in your state, or how much things suck in mine...we dont like that either.

other than that, welcome to the sunshine state.....enjoy your stay and spend money, i like my thriving economy :)

joseph

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
the difference is about 280 miles. miami is in south dade county...about 70 miles south of me. go to orlando and do all the cool stuff. contact the chamber of commerce and have them send you all the tourist stuff. there are some cool bars and restaraunts in orlando.....and race rock.

joseph

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Go to Orlando. Miami is a pit. Orlando has all of the "tourist-y" stuff, i.e. attractions like Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and all of the Walt Disney parks. There are great places for night life and concerts, i.e. City Walk, Downtown Disney, etc. Plus, it is all reasonably priced as mentioned before.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Daytona is still the king of beaches! Affordadable, good bars, you can walk to anywhere you need to go and get sand in you're feet doing it, the Shark Lounge is the best little tt bar in FLA, the speedway is the king of tracks and you'll see why. The old Florida feel without the overwelming big city stuff. It's 5-10 degrees cooler than south florida, the local people are real and friendly, bars and food are avalible till 5 am, you can have a motel room with a door and view beachside with a big pool to jump in and a tiki bar that serves drinks and grills burgers all day, and the beach is 25 miles long and about 300 feet wide. The surf is shallow so you can go way out. There is no pressure on you in Daytona. Put some suntan lotion on and chill out. Wear you're swimming trunks with a beach towel over you're shoulder 24-7. Ed

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was at the daytonabeach website and I cant realy find motels online there, or they dont have a website, anyone know of like a 50$ a night room that fits 2? Motel 6 are in orlando and i think thats to far from daytona. I looked at one and that was 100-165$ a night and a requirement of 4nights. 2 days there, 2 days back, only leaves 3 days of fun. Maybe 4 if I want to stay 8days and if job would let me, if not ill make up a story lol

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking I would go maybe sometime in july, ya i know call me nuts going from summer to summer. Things shouldnt really be booked in july would they? Just hope theres alot of hot chicks there :D

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
be smart, and just avoid the whole state, goto NC, GA, AL, Lake Martin AL is nice, Helen GA is nice too.. Florida is just hot, and well, Humid.. :)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol. no affense but i see NC,GA and AL and "loser" states. I dont mind the hot and humid as long as there are hot chicks there that wanna spend the night, or I have one right next to me.

I dunno if i can ask this, but how easy are the girls there lol

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
with driving from chicago to daytona beach, we figure 75$ in gas per person x4ppl going, or more in the future if we can. And depending if we drive 18hrs straight, or take 2 9hr day trips, we would be 3-5days in florida. bout 70-80$ a night per person. Parasailing (which scares the crap outta me) is between 40-80$ pp depending on how high i wanna go 600-800feet :eek: Food around 100$ a day, just a rough estimate, booze prob 50-100$ So far we think 600-700$ per person is good. And then we gotta find out all the things to see down there.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
ITHURTZ said:
how is the temp in july also? lotta rain?

the temp?

we have two seasons here, hot and frickin hot.....it will be hot and humid, but you will get some sea breeze at the beach, so there will be a "cooling effect" from the atlantic...dont get your hopes up though, it will be just a few degrees. Again, welcome to florida, there is a 40% chance of rain 365 days a year...it could rain, in july and august in s. florida it rains almost every afternoon....like clock work. just remember, it will probably be very crowded during the july 4th weeked.

oh, and to answer your previous question about hot girls....sir its a beach town, if you cant find one in the scenery, you might as well move to tibet and take up monkery :D

joseph

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL, well as long as I get some beach time im good. Would suck if it rained allllll day. I wasnt sure if girls would be there, maybe I thought they would be like In cancun or something. Only beach we have is lake michigan. Not much of a beach and it being closed alot because of high bacteria!

Thumphed we would only be bringing around 600-800$ per person, hopefully no less than 4ppl. And how cute am i, Well I think I am average looking, but got nice muscles :D . And girls seem to hoot at me when they see me. And on the aims rate a buddy i scored a 9 outta 10:)

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'd suggest Clearwater Beach if you want to go to a beach. It's 2-3 hours west of Orlando near Tampa.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts