TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
What sound will you get if you get rid of the third cat and put a y in, get rid of the mid mount resonator with a straigh pipe, and finally put in a dynomax catback. Will this free up any horsepower? Will there be any resonance

·
Registered
433 Posts
Maybe a tiny bit of sound from getting rid of the third cat and resonator. I wouldn't redo my exhaust for power gains unless it were turbocharged. The power to money ratio blows. The sound you'll gain from that will be so little you'll spend a bunch of money on it, start your car, and what you hear will make you sick to your stomach knowing you just spent damn near 400 bucks for something you're not satisfied with. You'll wish(like me and many other people) you would've just saved and done it right the first time. Just do the di/do magnaflow 2 1/4 duals all the way. The price will probably be the same if not less for a much better sound.

·
Registered
43 Posts
exhaust options

Check out speedfreak.cc, he's got a pretty good true dual that you can buy in pieces but I don't know if it fits a 3.8. Also, go to texasthunderbirds.com. Wynn's got a nice 3.8 set up for a good price but it's only from headers to y-pipe. As for mufflers, Flowmasters are noisy and Dynomax, I'm told, don't hold up well. I've got a set of Hookers that have flow and sound figures very similar to Borlas but I haven't got them on the car yet to give you a first hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts