TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i went to the exhaust shop today and they told me it would be 380 for 2 flowmaster mufflers installed. thats only the mufflers, no piping. i know flowmasters dont flow well, i know borla and etc are better for performance. but im not trying to make my bird fast, i want it to sound good. i want the 40 series, but i dont know which part to order (from ebay). please help! oh and let the pdf load its kinda big

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pdfs/40seriesO.pdf?34,7

·
Registered
287 Posts
This is what you do. Go back to that shop...slap the SH!T out of the guy that quoted you that work and then search Jegs.com or Magnaflow.com or just do a search for mufflers on yahoo. And most important...continue to ride the Blue...

I have been Blue for 10 years...flying high. SSgt stationed in DC.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry that doesnt help me at all, im looking for the part number of flowmaster 40 series that fits my bird. 97 v8.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
They should all fit, when done with an exhaust. PN's will vary depending on size, center/offset...I think the stockers are center in offset out. That may be a start.

Joe

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well, I had a set of Flowmasters.......and they lasted about 2 years before the internals fell apart and started interfereing with exhaust flow to the point where it would "choke" the motor. I then got a set of Dynomax Ultra-Flo mufflers for $100 a piece (LIFETIME WARANTY---STAINLESS STEAL).....which is just alittle more than the FLowmasters.........and I'll tell ya what..........they sound AWSOME!!!!!!!!! I actually like the sound of the Dynomax's better than the Fowmasters............and so do alot of my friends. Ask ANY of the Dayton guys (Cobra R Thunder, 92Fiveobird), or ask Spidey......they sound so sweet.

Just a comparison from my personal experience. I know alot of guys want the "sound"........but I've found you can get the "sound" plus performance.

Well, either way.........good luck with it !!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Air Force,

What I meant was, you are about to charged way to much for what is about to be done. Do your research first...and know what you should be paying...not what someone quotes you on.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do the dynomax's sound like? i'm not hell-bent on getting the flowmasters, i could always change my mind, i have no obligation to the shop, even though he said he would order the flows for me and give me a call when they came in ;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Air Force said:
what do the dynomax's sound like? i'm not hell-bent on getting the flowmasters, i could always change my mind, i have no obligation to the shop, even though he said he would order the flows for me and give me a call when they came in ;)
Well, I'd say that's one reason why he quoted you so much.....he's gotta get his cut for the cost of the mufflers. *LOL* Anyways, what do the Dynomax's sound like?? Hmmmm.....let's see if I can describe them accurately. *LOL* Well, I would say pretty close to what the Flows sound like...maybe just slightly raspier---at least at first until they get worn in alittle. They give a nice idle sound and when you drop the hammer.....they definately get the attention of folks. WHat I really like about them compared to the Flowmasters is that on the highway at 65-70mph......they don't have as much "drone" which makes for a better long haul drive. The other good thing is the Dyno's sound pretty close to the Flow's.......and flow better than the Flow's. I had this one buddy down in Dayton with a 97+ Mustang with a 347 Stroker motor tell me he thought it was his Mustang he heard when he was inside his house, and I started the Cougar up to show someone else what she sounded like.

And just so everyone knows.....my exhaust setup with the Dyno Max's is the same set up as what I had with the Flowmaster's----true dual 2.25" catless tubing, and both sets of mufflers were mounted in the exact same spot.

Hope this helps.

Slowride

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where can i get the dynomax's for cheap? i can only do the mufflers, im not allowed to take the cats off here in alaska, stupid f$*&(#* emissions!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well......I got mine from Summit Racing....didn't want to drive all over town trying to find a shop that sells. They were just over $200....shipping and taxes. I would imagine there would be a shop up there somewhere that sells them.....but if not, go to Summit Racing or Jegs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts