TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recnetly got the set- up like seabass and had my third cat gutted, when the had my resonator chopped of and were gutting the 3rd cat, when they reved my car up to shoot out the stuff in the cat it sounded mean as hell but when they put the 40 series on there it queited down what the hell shouldent it be louder? BTW i got this setup done friday should it get louder than it sounded with just 2 cats and a pipe?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
woo ho finally outta park lol now im crusing in first gear lol

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
You had no mufflers, then you put mufflers on. they may be loud mufflers but no mufflers will always be louder than having something there.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so no matter what i do straight pipes will always be louder? but ill lose low end tq so what am i supposed to do i mean i want loud exuast

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
ask the ricers... some of them have mufflers and loud exhaust. J/K

give it some time too. Sometimes mufflers just need to be broken in. Like others said though, no mufflers will be louder then a muffler.

-Shawn

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
95Blackbird said:
i recnetly got the set- up like seabass and had my third cat gutted, when the had my resonator chopped of and were gutting the 3rd cat, when they reved my car up to shoot out the stuff in the cat it sounded mean as hell but when they put the 40 series on there it queited down what the hell shouldent it be louder? BTW i got this setup done friday should it get louder than it sounded with just 2 cats and a pipe?
after a break in period, flowmasters (and probably some other quality mufflers) will break in and get louder.

Straight pipes are straight pipes....
mufflers are called 'mufflers' for a reason. They will always quiet down the exhaust, some more than others of course.

Flowmasters (original 40 series, or 40 series delta flow) will probably be your best bet for 'loudest' exhaust.

i'm still torn between getting some borla mufflers or delta flow 40 series mufflers myself.

·
Registered
477 Posts
While nothing can be louder than straight pipes, placing the muffler(s) closer to engine can keep it pretty loud. You said that you had the setup like Seabass, so It is already as close as you can get. Just give it some time-like they said, they will break in. And if you don't like it, take it off and just hope that when you're racin that Integra that a cop pulls him over because he was louder than you.

Pat

·
Registered
230 Posts
My new Flowmasters...

...just keep getting louder. The new ones have been on the car for about 5 days now, and they are just getting louder. The new tips instead of turndowns sure do make a difference too. There are times when I am amazed at how good the car sounds, and I have seen people turn their heads to see what the sound is coming from.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Do you have 40's?

And what type of set-up do you have?

Pat

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah...

...check my sig. I have true duals with no third cat and resonator into 40's at the end. It is pretty loud. The sound is sweet.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Compare it to a 'Stang...

just so we can all get a good feel as to what it sounds like. And is there that "whine" or "fuzzy whistle" that a lot of our cars get without a resonator? Thanx. As like most of the owners on here, I'm lookin for a sweet set-up.

Pat

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well...

...the sound is different than the stang. I think a lot of it has to do with the positioning of the mufflers. It does have the deep rumble though. At WOT the car really gets to screamin'. It definitely has that deep raspy sound though. I would have to say that it is as close to sounding like a stang as you will get with what our cars leave us for muffler hanging choices.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Positioning.

Well, here are my plans: larger downtubes, higher-flow cats, x-pipe, 2 round Dynomax UltraFlo SS mufflers, then tubing. I hope that the positioning will keep it lound and not as raspy. Lemme know what you think.

Pat

·
Registered
230 Posts
I thought about...

...using those round Dynomax mufflers at one point. I believe that they are race mufflers, so I imagine that they would be plenty loud. As far as everything else, that sounds like a good setup.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I already looked into the race thing.

They do make race mufflers (UltraFlo Round Welded Race Muffler, 2.5" inlet/outlet, # 289-17230, $69.99 each), but the one I'm interested in is #289-17623, $99.99 each. These are the more "streetable" ones. I know they are kinda expensive, but I can always sell them if I'm not happy with them.

Pat

·
Registered
14 Posts
My bird sounds Great!!! like this.....

All it is, is Seabass' setup, with a single chamber flow, the Spam can looking ones that are real small ( 6 inches), gutted 3rd cat, new 2.5 inch all the way out the back, with 18" chrome tips, looks, and sounds mean as heck. I love it, it just Rumbles at lights and at WOT, it just screams. Honestly, I like the sound a lot better than any Stang I have heard around here. All of the mustang guys ask what I have done. Just a Jerry Mod, Trans cooler, Removed silencer, That exhaust setup, next is a chip, nothing major, some chrome Cobra R's and they all get scared, and if it a V6, they should be. But half of the V8 stangs probably don't even know they could blow me away. Oh well, I wont tell em. But I think the Single chamber Flows are a lot better sounding than the 2 chambers. Just My Opinion.

Thanks !!!
1995 4.6

·
Registered
529 Posts
single chambered flowies??

Where did you get em the only ppl i see in cali with em are from texas cuz they are supposedly outlawed here??:confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I got them from...

None other than FLOWMASTER, I called em up, ordered one, it was here 4 days later, and then I got the whole thing done, I haven't been stopped yet, and I race all over town, maybe it is because I know the cops, anyhow, I haven't had amy problems with it yet.

:cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts