TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right by the drain plug on the oil pan, their is a few drops of fluid. I managed to wipe off the drops with a paper towel, and compared the color to engine oil, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid. It is a match with p/s fluid. I can't fgfure where its leaking from, and winding up at the oil drain plug. Since the leak is very small, would adding something like Lucas power steering sealer be OK?

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Right by the drain plug on the oil pan, their is a few drops of fluid. I managed to wipe off the drops with a paper towel, and compared the color to engine oil, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid. It is a match with p/s fluid. I can't fgfure where its leaking from, and winding up at the oil drain plug. Since the leak is very small, would adding something like Lucas power steering sealer be OK?
I dont think the sealer will work.

The common places for the power steering to leak are at the Pump, the fitting on the Rack, or the High Pressure hose.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Sealers make good seals swell too, and then they rip. Sealers are great if your selling the car shortly after adding it. Because otherwise you'll replace more than just the one defective part. Just my $0.02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts