TCCoA Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
Yeah, I just had it in my head for whatever reason that with this being what it was, that it wouldn't have it.

In any case, a couple pics, as requested. I'll get it installed... eventually. Maybe early next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
There should be no fitment issues with these. Definitely a smaller footprint than the 97-04 Mustang. The drain even comes out the back instead of the side.

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Thanks for posting some pix Brandon. Looks great!

FLUIDYNE BABY! :headbang:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Anybody got the dimension on this radiator? Just curious how it compares to the 97 Mustang which the core is 25" wide X 16" tall and 2" thick. The tanks on each side are 2.5" x 2.5" x 16" tall

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Got home tonight and opened mine up. So excited about getting this bad boy in the car I may tackle it tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
I might be able to do mine tonight or tomorrow as well. Last night got eaten up with my fussing with the air suspension on the Mark VIII (again) - turned out it had a sticky vent solenoid.

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Anybody got the dimension on this radiator? Just curious how it compares to the 97 Mustang which the core is 25" wide X 16" tall and 2" thick. The tanks on each side are 2.5" x 2.5" x 16" tall
I took some measurements and stuck my Borescope inside of it. It is a 3-core, Single pass radiator - NOT a 3-pass radiator as I had initially anticipated. Still a beast of a radiator that will help with cooling tremendously.

The core Width is 21.5" vs 25" for the 97 Mustang
Core Height is 17.5" vs 16" for the 97 Mustang
Core Thickness is the same 2.0" as the Mustang

Side Tanks are:
1-3/8" x 2.0" x 17.5" tall for the 94-97 Tbird
vs.
2.5" x 2.5" x 16" tall for the 97 Mustang

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
Bit the bullet and installed mine this evening. It's relatively cool here now so I won't really know what kind of difference it makes in temps out in the heat... but it truly "just bolted in". It was a little tricky getting the fan on but it still only took 10 minutes. Closest was clearance between the A/C suction line and the pass. mounting tab. Here are a few pics...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Not getting mine installed any time soon. I got called out for work again yesterday afternoon. I’m sitting at MSP now on a layover ... such is the life of a traveling Trunk Monkey!

Looks great Brandon. Thanks again for sharing pix!

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
MSP was our port of entry last November on our way back home from Japan. I won't ever forget the walk down that insanely long terminal they have!

As far as the rad goes, I had the car out in the sunny, perfect weather today... it was hovering at around 192-194 (I have a 180 t-stat) on the freeway at 75 MPH and the SATC said it was 77 degrees. I don't really have anything to compare to with the old rad though, so I can't say if it's an improvement or not (although one would logically assume that it is).

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Yea, MSP is massive. Even with the moving sidewalks it's still a haul from one end to the other.

About the the radiator, like yourself, I won't know if it makes a difference until next summer. However, I'm banking that 3 cores is better than one. :D

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Bit the bullet and installed mine this evening. It's relatively cool here now so I won't really know what kind of difference it makes in temps out in the heat... but it truly "just bolted in". It was a little tricky getting the fan on but it still only took 10 minutes. Closest was clearance between the A/C suction line and the pass. mounting tab. Here are a few pics...
Looks good, I had to run my wiring harness on top with the Mustang radiator looks like there was room in front of the radiator with the Tbird. A/C lines have much more room than with the Mustang. I will test mine pulling the trailer on October 10th which will be the real test for me. Other than that it certainly does not heat up like to Cobra radiator did, too long ago that I ran a Tbird stock radiator to even remember.

I think our cars suffer from heat trap stopped at lights when running the A/C, I still see heat up when it is in the mid-90's under those conditions but yet to see 200, but I have seen 198. This is the hottest September I can remember in North Alabama.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts