TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,
Being that my car is a daily driver (but well maintained and frequently washed/waxed), it sees some salt here in Maryland.

While going through my owners manual, it says to annually flush "body drain holes".
How does one go about doing that? :grin2:

I plan on making a trip to a local self serve car wash and pressure washing whatever I can see underneath. Any particular areas I should pay attention to? It's 99% rust free, so I'm really just trying to keep up on preventive maintenance. Rustproofing is not really an option right now.

I know about the area behind the front wheel well liners, but what about the rear rocker panels? Whats a thorough way to flush those out?

(P.S I get annoyed that the cougar is just a dust particle on the far right side of the banner - anyone else agree? :zbash: )

Thanks!

·
Administrator
8,177 Posts
First, wait until the weather gets warmer! It's cold out! :cool:

The push pins for front fender liners can be popped off at the bottom to give you access to the area at the bottom of the fender where junk can accumulate. You can actually then get at that area from inside with the door open and spray the hose to remove debris.

Check under the wiper cowl for debris there that might block water drainage. Give that area a good flush.

I always check the lips of the fender around rear wheels for sand that might build up there and spray it off.

There were some pictures posted of where to check the frame rails for build up, have to go looking for those.

Joe

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.
No way I'm going out now, its way too cold! :grin2:

Yeah, the cougar always gets the short end of the stick! How bout having it at least near the gold Thunderbird, instead of behind a fox body cougar that's even more uncommon. :bangwall:
Is this a thunderbird, cougar, and mark VIII forum, or a thunderbird and mark VIII forum featuring some minor appearances of the lame side character cougar?
Okay, I'm finished now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wait.. there is a Cougar on the banner? All I see is a white Mark Vlll, red Turbo Coupe and a Bird. So I'm not the only one who doesn't see a Cougar... Now I am sad =-( Poor cougar needs some love too !! My first car was a Cougar(well, '73 but still) show the love CarId or whoever is running the site now.

Chris C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts