TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i found a fly that my clutch will bolt to but unsure of the imbalance. kinda thinking its a 28. sorry in advance from the pics all i had was my phone.

·
Super Moderator
7,982 Posts
Maybe see if a machine shop can tell you? Does it have any part numbers on it that you can cross reference? Did the person you bought it from tell you anything about where it came from?

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
E8TRAA is all i could find on it

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kid bought the fly from a swap meet and as far as we know its from a stang. has 164 teeth, 89 sc clutch will fit

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Try this part number in a search. E8TR-AA

I think this flywheel was used in some trucks as well. The early 90's F-series w/the 5.0 comes to mind. Are there ANY other numbers or letters on it at all?

Jay

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont have it with me right now but i think there were a few single digits here or there.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did some digging on the number and i got
http://forum.broncoii4x4.com/broncoii-6498.html
if you scroll down you will see two flywheel pics. im pretty sure now that its a 50oz.
next stupid question. how much do i have to change to turn it over to 50oz? whole rotating assembly?

·
Super Moderator
7,982 Posts
Just the crank and balancer I think.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm seems like more work then i want for this fly. i will go and look for another one i guess. thanks friends

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have been looking around and it doesnt appear that any crank specifies whether or not its a 28 or 50

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
You can have flywheels rebalanced to whatever imbalance you need. It's a bit cheaper than replacing your crank and balancer.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SloMo228 said:
You can have flywheels rebalanced to whatever imbalance you need. It's a bit cheaper than replacing your crank and balancer.
i cant find a place that will do it anywhere. but i do know as long as its a 164 tooth fly my clutch will fit it. so i need a 164 tooth with a 28oz imbalance

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea but its 80 for the service then shipping from michigan to alibama both ways. right there we are looking at the price of a decent new fly

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
If you could find a 351 flywheel for a granny 4 speed it would be 28 oz. Used flywheels usually aren't worth messing with on something you are going to spin over 5000 rpm. Flywheel explosions are rare, but you could lose a leg.

Look at the casting # on the crank you plan on using and do a search for that #. Or post the # here. That will say for sure if it's a 'lightweight' 50 oz or a normal 28 oz crank.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well if i could find the right flywheel i will buy new. i also don't plan on changing the crank. seems to be to big a hassle. my goal now is to locate one that will work and wont break me

·
Super Moderator
7,982 Posts

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hmm not bad. ill have to get some bucks together real quick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts