TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought, and installed some PIAA 2100X Driving lights (110 watts equiv. - and trust me, THEY ARE BRIGHT!)

I installed them on the lower 'lip' on my bumper on my 1992 Cougar, and mounted with the adhesive, and screws that came with the lights - I also alligned them, ok, etc.

BUT the problem comes in here: the allignment doesn't 'hold' for more than a week, and I found myself re-alligning them a lot. Also - when the car goes over a bump, etc. - you can see the lights'wobbling' ... this is abviously a stabilization issue of the bottom lip of the bumper itself (with the added weigh of the lights, I suppose) - so I guess my questions is ....

How do I stabilize that lower lip of the bumper, and also the lights on hte bumper, so they don't mobble around while driving so I don't have to re-adjust them all the time.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Can you post a pic please? Im finding it hard to picture where they are....

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
well usually people use brackets and mount the lights to something solid like the bumper (metal). That is the best way. your lights won't go out of alignment and they won't bounce around either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts