TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, folks!

I searched through the posts here, but was unable to find an answer to this:

What additional mounting hardware is required to install fog lamps?

I have a 1994 LX model which has never had any fog lamps installed. The service manual I have refers to a mounting bracket for the OEM fog lamps, but I do not believe that these brackets are installed in this vehicle. The lamps I am considering mounting are the rectangular Pilots (such as the PL-1074 or PL-1055).

Tnanks for any insight/advice! :zbeer:

--Pete

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Guys!

Thanks, MadDog and HanMan!

I took a look underneath, and it's actually quite simple! I am learning about installing a relay, so that I can use a 'stock' fog light switch (the one that came with the foglight kit is awfully cheesy looking).

Thanks again!

:zbeer:

--Pete

·
Registered
1 Posts
question for maddog

maddog2020,

It looks like you painted a lot of the plastic components under your hood? Just wondering what kind of preparations you went through and what type of paint you used if I saw correctly? I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: question for maddog

9JephsBird5 said:
maddog2020,

It looks like you painted a lot of the plastic components under your hood? Just wondering what kind of preparations you went through and what type of paint you used if I saw correctly? I appreciate the help.
Thats Kevin's car we post under the same name at work hence the (Thunderterd) when he post's.

As far as what he did he cleaned and just used engine paint and it was as easy as that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts