TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The bulb comes out of the back of the housing just like a turn signal. Turn it counter-clockwise and then pull it out.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
One idea would be to unmount the foglight bracket, disconnect the wiring, remove the bulb, spray some cleaner/degreaser/whatever inside the housing through the hole for the bulb, let it soak for a while, rinse it well, and let it air dry overnight...

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Ditto. Or take it out and wash by hand.

What wattage is the bulb? Is it dimmer than the other one? Is the other one not dirty?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I looked in the manual and got the right kind of bulb(880) so im pretty sure the other one is right. The fog light cover is pretty much clear. The one I just installed the bulb in is ... well.. not..

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Goo Gone? What's Green Gone?

Removing the lens, cleaning it, and sealing it back would work best. Or anything that can get inside the housing and actually rub away the dirt. Sponges or cloth work good for scrubbing, but you'd have to get that inside the housing. Bottle cleaner with a rag wrapped around it?

·
Registered
647 Posts
When a fog light gets dirty/cloudy inside, it usually means a broken seal or it's leaking someplace. You can clean it, but the same thing will eventually happen again, blowing bulbs and getting dirty inside. Best to replace it. I had the same problem with one of mine...

To clean it, I also think the best idea is to remove it from the car. Maybe you can find where it's leaking and repair it with epoxy. Just a thought.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts