TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the member pages trying to get ideas of placement and what kind of lights people are using, so I'll additionally put it to the owners: What aftermarket brand (if any) are you using, and are you happy with it? I want to hear especially from the 96 & 97 owners.

ice_nyne

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
hyper whites instead of stock ones
and pilot fogl lights
LOVE EM !!!
need to say more here are the pics

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I just got a cheap $20 set on my car, but they're mounted where the SC's lights go (I have an SC bumper on my Cougar now).

They're for looks only - I haven't been in ANY car where I found the foglights effective, so I'm not paying big money for fancy lighting.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Here's a '96... The fun part is finding lights short enough to fit in the opening.:D
I used PIAA.

I got a stock fog light switch and put it in place of one of the coin holders in the console. They're also wired so they can be on without the headlights.

Peter

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks...

for the info. I like the look of PIAA and they look good on your '96, Peter, so I will likely go with that.

ice_nyne

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
hey peter

where did you get your wheels from? are those cobra r replicas? those dont look like the 17x7 svt bird ones. just wondering, thanks.

mike

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yep, they're Cobra replicas in a 17x9 with 255/45/17 rubber on 'em.
I got them from Performance Wheel , just look on the Mustang page toward the bottom, and you'll see the wheel. It's actually designed for the Stang, but they custom drill for the smaller bolt pattern. The down side is the lug wrench that comes with the car will not fit in the holes.:confused: I carry a socket in my trunk just in case.;)
Now, understand some people have had bad experiences with Performance Wheel:bangwall:, but they treated me well, and delivered a quality product and don't feel bad reccomending them:thumbsup:.

Oh- some grinding on the spindle arm where the edge of the wheel is may be needed (about 1/16 or less) depending on play in the wheel bearings.

Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts