TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the 94 Tbirds have foglights as an option??

Where was the switch located if so?

can I just add them to my car in the location under the bumper cover like my 93?

pictures would be great

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
pnyklr said:
Hmm maybe I can get some off of an earlier car seems 89-97 fit
The foglights and brackets are all the same from 89-95. I took the foglights off of my '93 parts car and put them on my '95 and they fit perfectly with a factory look.
Is the 94 pre- wired for the lights?
Nope. But they are easy enough to wire in.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
might someone post how to wire in the regular foglight switch to get the orange light to work. its got 4 prongs in it and i only have 3 wires. im confused.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Heres my thread on wiring the fogsJust click here. . And this is the result, BTW the coin holder closest to the shifter would be where the stock switch goes.

I did not light my switch because I was not too sure on how to make it lit without being on all the time without running new wires just for the switch to be lit.

Oh, and the switch's 4 prongs are...one is for the ground on the fogs the other large one is for power. One small one is for ground on the switch light, the other ground. This worked for me til I realized that the switches light would stay on while the car is off.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Are all 94-95 (96-97?) MN12's pre-wired for at least the foglight switch? Seems like the cars would be wired for options that they don't have regardless....that's how the mustangs are anyway....

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope so t hat would be great.. my 93 was pre-wired for the cornering lights and it was cake to get them up and running

·
Registered
71 Posts
lighting the switch

Lightevergreenfrost, I just did this transplant myself and did get the switch to light up fairly easily. The way I did it was to splice into the light that is behind the ashtray in the center console (I did this because I knew it cam on with the headlights and it was also dimmed with the dimmerportion of the headlight switch) and my GT switch lights up green with the headlights on and the orange light comes on with the switch. If I remember correctly these wires would go to the two small connectors on the switch. I'll look at mine at some point to make sure if you want and give you polarity etc because that switch was funny if you connected the wires backwards...

I asked when ordering the switch from Dan whether the pigtail was available to wire the switch in more professionally but it is not. The harness has to be bought for the ashtray/cig lighter/fog lights/and probably firm ride to get it and it is about $50 which didn't seem worth it.

The one mistake I made, which I will remedy soon is that I didn't limit the lights to only being turned on with the headlights/ignition and so I can easily leave them on. I only did this this week and figured that might turn out to not be so good after all.

BTW, my 95 didn't have any wires for this stuff either. I have another set of the lights/brackets (if you're interested let me know) and have found that the 1993 cars got them on a lot of the models besides SC (even the v6 bases have them alot!?!?). I haven't found even one 1994-1995 that has had the foglights factory and I've been through several junkyards.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
the connector does exist, its the same plug as the early fuel pump relays . i have never dealt with dan, but cant believe he missed that. pretty common part

·
Registered
71 Posts
fog light connector

They told me they had the wiring harness but not the connector by itself as a pigtail for wiring in. They may have at one time but the guy on the phone said that I would have to buy a larger harness to get the connector.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Wow, I did not think about splicing into anything for the light. Thanks, I will have to try that next time I get a chance. I have already recieved a few comments from friends about how the lights and switch look like they belong there. Some did not even know that I had added them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts