TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am pondering over here. I just had to force myself to walk away from an overpriced,but mint, 88 tc. My car has nickeled and dimed me to death and am seriously thinking abiut replacing it, or putting it to good use. what would be better?
A) buying an 89-93 SC 5spd in gd shape but with blown HG or motor, parking my 5.0 bird next to it and swapping motors, or
B) bying same said SC and swapping over all components to my 5.0 bird, Or
C) buying a foxbodied bird and starting over
I am leaning towards A. I have tried to search and found limited details. anyone done this. or can anyone give reccomendations/ suggestions?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
what kind of problems does yours keep givng you thant you would want to get rid of it? and if your swapping that 5.0 into that early sc be prepared to change ALL underhood wiring. they have different harnesses for each year. the thing is , you start swapping , their is alot of small parts/expense that your going to have. but anything if your up to it.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
The fox 'Bird would probably turn out to be cheapest in the long run... They seem to be getting hard to find in good shape though. Sounds like you're leaning toward something with forced induction? How about a V6 fox w/ an SC motor?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i realize that the wiring will have to be changed, i figure with both cars that the wiring shouldn't be too hard just replace one with the other. My sport is a bare bones version and i figure it would be quicker to swap motors to get what i want than take everything off a sc, i.e , better interior, r-discs, 5spd, etc. mY car has also had many things replaced and every other week needs something else.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
im not sure that that 5speed thats in the s/c will work with the v8, anyone help me on that one. your gonna have to get a manual 5.0 flywheel for sure. i would do a search on that one. few people have manual swaps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from what i can see i think i will need a flywheel, clutch, and starter from an f150 with a 302 and mr52 trans. i have searched and found some info i am kind of hoping someone has done this motor swap and can giive some pointers on what to expect. i see where people have swapped 5spds so i'm thinking it would be less work to swap motor into a 5spd car rather than transfer it all into mine. i want better seats, r-disc brakes, and manual trans. i have toyed with the idea of a pre 86 t-coupe with my motor, carbed, and a t5. but i would rather do a sc, cam up my302, work the heads and throw a nitrous kit on it and give mustangs and others a run for their money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts