Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how well your 'Bird would run with a kidney under the hood?!?!?! :D

I understand the reaction though.... I'd tell you what I said when he quoted that price but it'd be filtered. He was definitely very proud of them. Apparently those 4.2s are kinda scarce if he's actually getting that, maybe he's selling them to replace the ones that didn't get the gasket recall done, I dunno. The one I posted seems like a pretty decent deal since the best I've seen anyone post online for one that runs was $850 and the local "recyclers" quoted me $1200. And this one includes shipping... I would've gotten it except I've already bought one and am going to rebuild it as soon as I get my gf's Acura (please lord don't let the valves be bent...)out of my garage

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
for a 4.2 with 50k or so the junkyards usually quote me about 1200 for the block and heads and intakes and accessories. I thought i'd buy it and then send in the intakes for a core and get the ported ones back from supersix. but they're kinda expensive. anyone know a site other than supersix that sells ported 4.2 stuff?
-Thomas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts