TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my weak spot for these cars won out, again, and I just rescued a 90 Supercoupe from certain destruction. I couldn't let it go because it's a complete car that has pretty much everything still there including a nasty lower end engine issue. I don't know that I can save the body. Actually, I am pretty sure that I can't because the few places that it is rusted are just not good places to rust and hard as hell to fix right. But, I can save the parts and I will probably have to part it out unless someone else with a soft heart comes in and buys it whole.

Fortunately my wife understands how I am about these cars and has decided to let me live for now. LOL

I will post up here what I am doing with it. I have $700 in it, which is already too much probably, but if the body is too far gone to fix then it gets parted out and the carcass hauled off to the scrap yard. I hate that, but it's better than letting all those parts go to the crusher too.

I will post pics as soon as they deliver the car next week.

Like I needed another car...

Darrin

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It kills me. Its a black and silver anniversary edition with the black wheels and is an automatic. That car has to be reasonably rare.

Gotta try to save it.

Darrin

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I had a similar one here I tried to convince myself to save, after doing the math on the car and being disgusted with the nasty interior and complete lack of rocker panels alltogether I decided to part it out and make use of it keeping better cars on the road.
Alan

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Just find another 90 SC and swap all the 35th parts onto it, no one will know the difference. Also you can simply do a "paws niv" LOL onto another body and there ya go its a 35th all over again.

the best part about those cars in the color scheme inside and out.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The seats aren't in the best of shape. The side bolsters look worse for the wear.

I will get the car here this week so that I can get a better look at it. Most likely it will end up like what Alan did and get parted out to help those guys who have better cars but might need parts.

Dunno yet. I will get pics when it gets here.

Darrin

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the car here the other night and it's about in the shape that Alan's was. I don't think that I can make it run and put anyone in it as a driver and keep a clear conscience. The underside is in bad shape. Probably to the point that safety might be an issue.

Too much for me I think.

The center section of the seats has been redone, so the suede is gone. Also, the outer bolsters on both seats are trashed. Everything works though.

SO...

Anything anybody needs? It's pretty much all there. Some is in good shape and other stuff, not so much. Ask away.

I will make a parts car thread here as soon as I make the time to get pictures of the car.

Darrin

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts
When you say the suede is gone, has it been replaced with grey leather, or what? Any pics of the seats?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you say the suede is gone, has it been replaced with grey leather, or what? Any pics of the seats?
It has been replaced with something different. I will have to get the camera sometime next week and take pics of whatever anyone is interested in.

Darrin

·
Registered
110 Posts
Very sad. I went through the same issue fighting with myself to keep a 95 SC 5 speed but the rust was just too much. Luckily, I found a good home for it with a guy on here and he is parting it out for his other Tbird. Why can't people take better care of their cars, especially the rare ones. Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts