TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Yall,

has anybody else ran across vehicles that are for "export only"? I have came across a few and have no idea what this means and cant find anywhere on the net about what this means. I am looking to buy a Ford Expedition within 2 months, and have found two that are VERY VERY good for the price, but they are for import only.

Here is the link for the EXPEDITION

Thanks, Corey

·
Registered
103 Posts
SUV built for export markets-will NOT meet emissions at all in the US-whomever buys that vehicle better hope that their state never institutes emissions checks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, since my state doesnt require emissions tests, NC, i could buy that vehicle and drive it and everything?

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
No because it has export only on the Title. If you took an export only title to the courthouse they won't let you register it. About all you could do with it is use it for parts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think that car had a “certificate of destruction” . there is a used car dealer in NYC he has a lot of them (for export only) he told me they cannot be registered in the US. On the other hand ship it overseas and sell it make twice the $$. in Europe they selling like hot cakes

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Exports only cars usually have the european license plate holder, different mirrors and marking lights, and don't have to meet emissions.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
It could be a number of different things depending on the market they were intended for, (different suspension settings, speedometer in kms, engine size)
and yes, you can only use it for parts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
So if export vehicles dont have to conform to all these standards, are they sub-standard in quality? Why would they make two vehicles and the one going overseas is drastically different? Seems like kind of a waste of money to make two of the same vehicles different just becuse it wont be "here"

Earl

·
Registered
238 Posts
different regulations = different cars

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Again , it depends on the country they are going to end up, some in fact have tougher regulations , so they are not necessarily sub standar ,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts