TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if some lsc owners could tell me what the axle codes are from their cars on the inside door jamb. just wanted to compare a few. do the lsc's come with trac-locs? and what gears do they come with? hopefully i get some posted up on here. every base model mark i checked had no trac-loc and 3.07 gears. just wanted to see what the differences are.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
No mark ever came with trac-loc because they all had traction control.

-Miller

·
Registered
801 Posts
base models came with 3:07 and lsc models came with 3:27 gears.

·
Registered
704 Posts
because they all had traction control.

-Miller
My 95 and my girlfriends 94 do not have traction control.

It was an option to delete traction control

·
Registered
801 Posts
they should both have traction control you can find to either turn it on or off in the messege center.

·
Registered
704 Posts
they should both have traction control you can find to either turn it on or off in the messege center.
nah, first gens dont have traction controls in the message center..that is a second gen 97-98 thing.

First gens 93-96 have traction control "on or off" button down by the rear window defroster button.

I can assure you that after 378,000 miles I am very familiar with what my car "DOES AND DOESNT HAVE".

·
Registered
704 Posts
every base model mark i checked had no trac-loc and 3.07 gears. just wanted to see what the differences are.
ALL base models have that gear.. save yourself the trouble of looking.
LSC's have 3.27 gears.. in all of them as well.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
ALL base models have that gear.. save yourself the trouble of looking.
LSC's have 3.27 gears.. in all of them as well.
Only place you'll find anything different is if you luck up on a car that was originally special ordered with a different set (not very likely) or one that has had them replaced since new with FRPP or otherwise (a longshot - maybe).

·
Registered
704 Posts
Only place you'll find anything different is if you luck up on a car that was originally special ordered with a different set (not very likely) or one that has had them replaced since new with FRPP or otherwise (a longshot - maybe).
Yes sir, you're correct.. but the axle code in the door jamb..nor the axle tag on the housing will likely reflect the changed ratio's as the original poster/searcher has been looking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First gens 93-96 have traction control "on or off" button down by the rear window defroster button.
I have a 93, and I can't find the on/off switch any where in the car. But I was told by the person that I bought it from, that it had traction control and it also seems to have it when I attempt to spin my tires. Is there a fuse I can pull to turn it off?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Generally speaking if you "dont have a switch" you dont have traction control.

There is the possibility that.. the previous owner swapped the peice of trim by the shifter to one that "didn't have a button"...

Without a button connected to the harness, I dont know if the traction control would be "always active" or not.... hard to say.

My suggestion would be to hit a salvage yard, find the trim peice that HAS the button.. put it in your car.. and see if when you depress the button that it "deactivates" the traction control.

I know of no fuse that would perform this task.

IF your car HAS a switch, no need to Look all over the car, it would be right there, to the right of the rear window defroster switch.

Keep in mind that "everytime" you start the car, the traction control DEFAULTS to "active", you have to manually deactivate it...so you'll definatley NEED a switch IF your car DOES have traction control.

I have a friend in central texas that has built a little box that "automatically defeats" the traction control upon start up.. he's built a couple of units for mark 8's.

Now he has it set up to turn OFF Overdrive AND disable Traction control.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have a 93, and I can't find the on/off switch any where in the car. But I was told by the person that I bought it from, that it had traction control and it also seems to have it when I attempt to spin my tires. Is there a fuse I can pull to turn it off?
I just noticed you are talking about a 93 t-bird, I cant help you there sir.

The "first gen" 93-96 that I was talking about is a first generation Mark 8, not a t-bird...

Sorry for the confusion.

Maybe one of the "tbird guys" here can elaborate on traction control in the 93 3.8 Tbird.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Your car is equipped with the infamously well know traction control system otherwise known as a 3.8 V-6. It precludes almost any attempt to spin tires by not making enough power to do so. :eek:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Your car is equipped with the infamously well know traction control system otherwise known as a 3.8 V-6. It precludes almost any attempt to spin tires by not making enough power to do so. :eek:
personally, "I" wasn't going to "go there"..
HAHA

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I have a friend in central texas that has built a little box that "automatically defeats" the traction control upon start up.. he's built a couple of units for mark 8's.
Why would someone want to automatically disable a safety device? I'm just curious because I can't think of any reason to always disable it. Especailly on a Gen I where it's just a switch. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Because this person got tired of eternally pushing the button and came up with a way to make it "default" to off.. and in the event he WANTS traction control.. he pushes the button and "turns in on".

WHY?
... "to each his own".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Now that's not very nice

I guess I'm the moron that did the search at Google and they sent me to that category(Mark 8s), oops.

As to why I would want to turn off a "safety feature"...because I want to.:cool:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts

Now he has it set up to turn OFF Overdrive AND disable Traction control.

Check your PM... I know a certain forgetful grandpa that may like to have one of these. ;)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Check your PM... I know a certain forgetful grandpa that may like to have one of these. ;)
I just emailed him a link to this page.
You might remember him from one of the mark 8 boards
his user name is ndoghouse

he should be checking this thread sometime this weekend...

I checked my PM's... didn't see one so I left you a "message in a bottle" here.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.